BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/11/2018 9:19 PM  #1

V Wingate & Finchley. The Trophy. Tomorrow.

Tomorrow we welcome Wingate & Finchley to Hardenhuish Park. There form isn’t great, they have won 2 of there last 6 away games. They sit in 18 place in the Bostik Premier League, just above the relegation zone. I’m sure they will come to us and have a real go. They are big underdogs and will be looking to give there season a real boost.  We will need to more than match them for effort. As long as we do that and start fast. I am sure we will be picking up the £5000 on offer to the winning team.  I hope Mark and Horgs will pick our strongest side. After the disappointment of the FA  Cup it would be really good to have a run in the Trophy. Looking forward to the game tomorrow, and hopefully the draw on Monday. Confidence must be high after last  Saturdays home performance against Wealdstone. Let’s keep the Chippenham fans smiling as they leave the ground tomorrow
Good luck tomorrow to Mark,Horgs and the Lads. 😎

24/11/2018 12:11 AM  #2

Re: V Wingate & Finchley. The Trophy. Tomorrow.

I am also looking forward to tomorrows cup tie.  As is said we need to match there effort. Then our class will come through.  We have a really good side and I am very confident we will come through this game and into the next round. But I don't expect it to be easy. The first goal is always important in these sort of under dog cup ties.  I'll go with 4-1.  And a place in the next round.

24/11/2018 7:48 PM  #3

A great start to the game,Jarvis finishing well from a pin point McCootie cross in the fourth minute. But that was as good as it got.  We seemed to lack motivation. They weren’t the greatest side but at times it was hard to tell which side played at a higher level. In the second half we huffed and puffed but couldn’t break down there defence. I don’t like criticising referees, but today’s was one of the worst we’ve had for a long time. The only positive, we are still in the competition. And I don’t think we could play as bad again. 😎☹️

24/11/2018 7:50 PM  #4

Poor game. Poor attendance. Lacklustre performance. 

25/11/2018 9:57 AM  #5

Pretty poor yesterday.  A great start and I thought then it would be four or five.  But from the goal we eased right back and let them get a foot hold in the game. Our attacking players gave there two big centre backs and ther defensive mid field players an easy time. I hope it won't happen again in the replay.  Compton was a big miss.

25/11/2018 11:14 AM  #6

Why is it when we play so called lesser teams we don't turn up. Same happened earlier this season against Supermarine. When we scored our goal I thought this is going to be a bit of a goal rush, but we seemed to sit back and let them back in the game and after they scored they looked the more likely winners. We will have to play more like our league form if we are going to progress in the replay.

25/11/2018 3:42 PM  #7

Hendon

27/11/2018 6:37 PM  #8

Interesting listening to Wingate’s goalscorer’s after match interview. He twice says he thought he was off side for their goal.

27/11/2018 10:41 PM  #9

3-2 Wingate with 10mins left to play.

27/11/2018 10:57 PM  #10

All over. 1-0 up, 3-1 down and another late goal wasn't enough. Chambers x2 
Attendance 90

Board footera