BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/11/2018 12:06 PM  #11

Re: V Woking Home Today.

Woking were a big, strong and powerful team, and even when we were 2 up, you sensed they would come back at us.  Thought another poor referee, and even Woking  thought they had the better decisions.  Nuno's booking was not even a foul and right next to the referee. Gunner is a very good player an unfortunate to get two yellow cards. With all the injuries another good squad performance, probably took off players to save them for Monday's game.

04/11/2018 12:55 PM  #12

We have shown this season that we can mix it with the so called " Big boys". I would have taken a draw before the game and couldn't believe when we went 2 nil up against a team like Woking. Shame we couldn't see it out but they always looked dangerous coming forward. Was it a penalty? looked a bit soft from where I was standing but that was at the other end of the pitch. One final thought, not taking anything away from the players who gave their all on Saturday, but Woking were playing a side that was almost our reserve team. Just think what we could achieve with all our players fit and free from suspension.

05/11/2018 12:39 AM  #13

blackandamber wrote:

Just thinking how far Chippenham have come in two years. Playing a team like Woking and being dissapointed to draw! When I was walking away with the Woking supporters I got the impression that Chippenham are a team who are beginning to be taken seriously!
Two grumbles -

1. Can Chippenham finish a game with 10 players?
2. If they are to progress they need a new pitch! I went to Swindon SM so I know it's possible at this level!

Keep up the good work...

I take your point about the pitch, but I wonder whether it's something we can actually work to our own advantage. Listening to a post-match interview with a Woking player, he referred to the pitch twice. According to him, being 'bobbly'  made it harder for them. On the other hand, we've got some clever ball players now who excel on good surfaces.

05/11/2018 12:25 PM  #14

Did feel like a defeat, but would have accepted a draw at the start. I thought both teams started nervously with a lot of careless misplaced passes. I was impressed with the ref in the first half as he stamped his authority on the game although in letting the game flow he was also not seeing or choosing not to punish obvious fouls. This became a problem in the second half, when he became inconsistent by comparison. I didn't see why Callum got his first card and his second was unfortunate and from where I sat pretty harsh compared to other similar tackles that had been let go. His dismissal was a real shame as he was one of our best players and I'd thought this was his last game for us until I saw after the match that the loan has been extended. At 2-0 up I though we were safe, but did think we sat too deep then with no midfield link to Jarvis, who despite Chambers scoring 2 goals, was missing Nick to do the holding work for him up front, I thought Nuno fitted back into the team well and was clearly keen to show that he was worth his place. Unfortunate yellow stretching to recover a ball lost in a tackle, but showing enough studs which, though the Woking player made a big deal of, is fair enough. I didn't have a clear view of the foul that led to the penalty, but there seemed to be few complaints and maybe Nuno was lucky not to get a second yellow there. Outstanding save from Brad kept us in the game but gutted to concede to finish 2-2.

Anyone know why the players came out after HT, all of us and a few Woking, only for Collier to call them all back in again for a few minutes? Possible injured assistant or was Collier just making a point about possible gamesmanship from Woking delaying their return to the field?

Last edited by newfan (05/11/2018 12:30 PM)

05/11/2018 6:58 PM  #15

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your hospitality on Saturday, thoroughly enjoyed my first trip to Chippenham and was very well looked after, a great entertaining game!

Our match highlights are available here: v=33PcUBOZAFM

FYI, I overheard one of Woking's coaches saying that the hold up at half time was due to an injury to one of the linesmen.

Hope to see you all for the return game at the Laithwaite in March!

Andy

Board footera