BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/10/2018 10:58 PM  #11

Re: Home to East Thurrock Tomorrow.

If a player is on for his hat trick, having already scored two goals, even in the Premiership, if the game isn't at a critical stage, the player is often, but not always, given the chance to take the penalty. 

28/10/2018 12:18 AM  #12

Great team spirit after this week's disappointment. An example of the spirit in the side was evident in the bar after the game where James Guthrie was sat down with with his team mates and it was clear that Tuesday night had been consigned to history,. Spoke to James and it was obvious that he greatly regrets what happened.

28/10/2018 11:04 AM  #13

Not my intention to cause controversy over the McCootie hat trick issue. If the match was still on a knife edge at 0-0 then yes let the designated penalty taker take the kick.But we were in a comfortable position at 2-0 and scoring his first hat trick for the team would have really meant a lot to a player like Nick and given him more confidence moving on to the next few games. At the beginning of the season I was one of his biggest critics as he looked unfit and not interested chasingl lost causes as we had got used to with Dave Pratt. Now he looks every bit a top striker and I can now see why Mark signed him. 

28/10/2018 11:33 AM  #14

The penalty, so we are two nil up,East Thurrock score, two one, game on knife edge again. First penalty of the season I think.

28/10/2018 11:37 AM  #15

1cooky wrote:

If Compton had scored would this be a topic.
He didn’t get over it we won.
3points

I was just explaining to blueboo what The Voice meant. 

I didn't go yesterday, so couldn't possibly comment.

28/10/2018 1:53 PM  #16

Very poor East Thurrock side, they won't survive if they play like that each week. Pleased for Nick McCootie, he deserved his goals based on his efforts so far this year. Josh Smile was excellent again, his eye for a pass and execution of it was exceptional, and he is improving his durability. The only slight negative was that we were a bit sloppy towards the end, a better side might have punished us. The table is incredibly close but we are in a good place, fingers crossed for Tuesday!

28/10/2018 4:35 PM  #17

We are Chippenham Town. We never do things the easy way.  But as soon as the first goal went in I thought we would take the 3 points.  We needed 6 points from two struggling sides.Were half way there.  That would push us right in to the playoff places. Where hopefully we can stay.  McDonald should be back Saturday maybe Tuesday. Finger crossed.  He has been a class act.  Bring on the Oxford Tuesday evening.  Cum on you bluebirds.  Good luck Mark, Horgs and all the lads. 😎

29/10/2018 8:28 AM  #18

Not sure if anybody else picked up on this point during Saturday's game, but once we had all 3 subs on, there were 6 teenagers playing for CTFC. To me that speaks volumes for our strength in depth in the squad, and the Manager's confidence in playing those youngster's. I also noticed that Nick McCootie was named in the NPL Team of the day. Nick has come on in leaps and bounds since the start of the season, and defender's fear his pace and physical presence. He scored 2 screamers on Saturday, and in my view is our most improved player this season. Keep in up Nick.  COYMB

29/10/2018 11:19 PM  #19

Your spot on Toyboy. Really good to see the young guys in the side.Who was it once said you won’t win nothing with kids. But how wrong can you get. Says a lot for the club and management.  😎

Board footera