BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/10/2018 11:37 AM  #31

Re: v Hendon

No further explanation necessary sir.

Last edited by Ronnie Pickering (12/10/2018 11:43 AM)

Want a bare knuckle fight? I'll knock you out you Cnut.

16/10/2018 5:59 PM  #32

A man whose father was killed by a flare at an international football match 20 years ago says "nothing has been learnt" from the tragedy.

John Hill was standing next to his father, also John, 67, when he was hit at the end of the Wales-Romania game in Cardiff in November 1993.

Two Wrexham men were later jailed but smoke canisters are still let off at games, most recently last month.

Mr Hill, from Merthyr Tydfil, said: "It was saddening and deeply distressing."

Remember the incident well.

16/10/2018 8:01 PM  #33

Bluebirds2006 wrote:

A man whose father was killed by a flare at an international football match 20 years ago says "nothing has been learnt" from the tragedy.

John Hill was standing next to his father, also John, 67, when he was hit at the end of the Wales-Romania game in Cardiff in November 1993.

Two Wrexham men were later jailed but smoke canisters are still let off at games, most recently last month.

Mr Hill, from Merthyr Tydfil, said: "It was saddening and deeply distressing.

Remember the incident well.

You remembered it so well that you had to cut and paste the above from a BBC News article published on 13th November 2013.

Conveniently you omitted to include the fact that the flare was a marine distress flare that travelled from one side of the pitch to the other.

The remark that 'nothing has been learnt' which is referenced in the same article, concerned an incident at Villa Park where a smoke canister thrown, hit a linesman.

Like any right minded person I condemn both events without reservation, but neither bears any resemblance to what actually happened at HP.

17/10/2018 10:30 AM  #34

Question, do people throw flares / smoke bombs at Rugby, Cricket, Golf, Athletics ? NO. So why do some people still think it's ok to do it at a football match. And to anyone who says things like that used to be alright and it adds to the atmosphere. Let me just say this, in the past slavery, wife beating and sending children down the mines was acceptable but society has moved on, I think these people should realise that we are now in the 21st century.

17/10/2018 12:31 PM  #35

TheVoice wrote:

And only interested in violence. Let me ask you sir. When was the last fight at CTFC? And those so called "fans" travel up and down this country following that team. Vocally more often than not. They provide the atmosphere, the team crave it, the manager loves it. Do you think it's going to stop because you don't. More chance of urinating in the queens bath water mate

Last fight...Merthyr...when it spilled off the pitch into the crowd....players and management involved...think Wales rugby played same day if I remember rightly

Board footera