BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/10/2018 3:54 PM  #21

Re: v Hendon

And theres no smoke without fire.

Want a bare knuckle fight? I'll knock you out you Cnut.

11/10/2018 4:26 PM  #22

sussexexile wrote:

Unfortunately it’s an issue that has been creeping in to non league football for a few years.
A pre season friendly (Yes PRE SEASON FRIENDLY) between Hastings and Lewes was made an all ticket affair after Hastings fans caused trouble in Lewes town centre, train station and in the ground on two separate occasions. This followed accusations of racist abuse towards a player from Molesey and fans banned for vandalising Faversham’s ground and the use of last nights protagonist, the flare!
Whilst at the time it was frustrating to see that a minority were letting down my home town club, it’s even more worrying to see it happening at a club in the town that I’ve now called home for nearly seven years.
The language used by certain fans at the Torquay game was deplorable and last nights incident has really left a sour taste in the mouth.
What I find more concerning is the reaction of certain individuals on the supporters club Facebook account, who seem to think that throwing a pyrotechnic on to the pitch is amusing!

Some very good points, sussexexile. These idiots have no interest in the match at all; just an excuse for violence, no matter what level of the game is being played. And as for some so-called ‘fans’ saying that it was only “two seconds out of 90 minutes.”  Give me strength!  🤦‍♂️

Last edited by Yorkie (11/10/2018 4:28 PM)

11/10/2018 4:56 PM  #23

Honestly, if you want to watch nuns playing football then join a convent.

Smoke, Pot Noodles, Flares - All part of the big game atmosphere - welcome to hell. Unfortunately the populace has been brainwashed into thinking that this is part of the violence. Its not. 

Ok its against the FA rules, thats something we have to be aware of, because we really dont want the club to to be facing action, but the reality is, the Keith Lards of this world are winning, sucking the soul out of everthing we do, whilst we passively trot along for the ride.

Rant over. Enjoy your Sundried Tomato and Quinoa or whatever it is you're having for tea. Me? I'm 'avin 'oops.

Last edited by Ronnie Pickering (11/10/2018 4:57 PM)

11/10/2018 5:22 PM  #24

Ronnie Pickering. What a comment btw. Just in case we need any further clarifying. Last night was a smoke bomb not a ******** hydrogen bomb. People bleating on like the worst thing that happened last night wasn't the keepers gloves getting stained blue. It's not right according to the FA but Jesus Christ lighten up. Worse things happen in the world, god forbid any of you face a real problem you'd fold like a broken deckchair!

11/10/2018 5:25 PM  #25

And only interested in violence. Let me ask you sir. When was the last fight at CTFC? And those so called "fans" travel up and down this country following that team. Vocally more often than not. They provide the atmosphere, the team crave it, the manager loves it. Do you think it's going to stop because you don't. More chance of urinating in the queens bath water mate

11/10/2018 7:07 PM  #26

TheVoice wrote:

And only interested in violence. Let me ask you sir. When was the last fight at CTFC?

Why have I got the Benny Hill Theme tune running through my head? 😉

11/10/2018 7:32 PM  #27

Oh come off it! Big game atmosphere? Welcome to hell? I’m sure the thirty Hendon fans and their players were extremely intimidated! It was the third qualifying round between two non league clubs, not the semi finals of a sold out Champions League tie!

As for the laughable justification that it was only “a smoke bomb” These are classed as a firework! Let’s not forget as you have mentioned, it was a “young kid” who was in possession of it. Had their throw missed the intended target of the pitch and struck the keeper, or at worst slipped and hit someone in front of them and caused some damage, I’m pretty certain you would change your tune.

It’s not big, it’s not clever and it certainly ain’t funny.

11/10/2018 7:53 PM  #28

The flare should not have been thrown on the pitch. However, given where it landed, in relation to where the goalkeeper was standing, I don't think by any stretch of the imagination you could say it was thrown at him. Of course only the thrower will know what his intentions were. There was just a wisp of smoke from the flare when the goalkeeper picked it up. As far as flares go, it was a bit of a damp squib. Play wasn't held up. No one was hurt. Yes, it took a bit of the gloss off of the evening and if we get fined, it'll be a complete waste of money, but it ends there. I'm not defending or excusing what happened. I just think we should keep things in perspective.

Last edited by Dauntsey Boys (11/10/2018 7:54 PM)

11/10/2018 8:33 PM  #29

Dauntsey Boys wrote:

The flare should not have been thrown on the pitch. However, given where it landed, in relation to where the goalkeeper was standing, I don't think by any stretch of the imagination you could say it was thrown at him. Of course only the thrower will know what his intentions were. There was just a wisp of smoke from the flare when the goalkeeper picked it up. As far as flares go, it was a bit of a damp squib. Play wasn't held up. No one was hurt. Yes, it took a bit of the gloss off of the evening and if we get fined, it'll be a complete waste of money, but it ends there. I'm not defending or excusing what happened. I just think we should keep things in perspective.

Well said sir.

Unfortunately it’s the nanny state we live in... a little bit of smoke calm down

11/10/2018 9:15 PM  #30

sussexexile wrote:

Oh come off it! Big game atmosphere? Welcome to hell? I’m sure the thirty Hendon fans and their players were extremely intimidated! It was the third qualifying round between two non league clubs, not the semi finals of a sold out Champions League tie!

As for the laughable justification that it was only “a smoke bomb” These are classed as a firework! Let’s not forget as you have mentioned, it was a “young kid” who was in possession of it. Had their throw missed the intended target of the pitch and struck the keeper, or at worst slipped and hit someone in front of them and caused some damage, I’m pretty certain you would change your tune.

It’s not big, it’s not clever and it certainly ain’t funny.

I expect Ronnie may well be along later to explain what he meant, but from my reading of his post, he was saying that flares can be part of a big match atmosphere, not that the one thrown last evening was actually part of one. As for 'Welcome to Hell' the expression comes from the hostile atmosphere created by Galatasaray fans when they played Manchester United in 1993. 

In 2000 when the players took the field at HP in the second leg of the F.A Vase semi-final, Chippenham fans behind the Cricket End goal held up a 'Welcome to Hell' banner and two orange flares. Just before kick-off, the club set off a couple of rockets. The atmosphere was electric and when Mark Cutler scored the only goal, HP erupted into a frenzy of excitement.

In an age when fans can't stand on yellow hatch markings, lean against the perimeter wall, swear, set off flares or fireworks, cover advertising hoardings with flags, play drums because it's too noisy or eat pot noodles, it's hard to imagine those scenes ever being repeated, and for me, the world's a much duller place for it.

Board footera