BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

08/10/2018 12:36 PM  #11

Re: Lancing or Hendon. Next Wednesday.

Newfan - It gets more complicated than you can ever imagine ref Sands. I have just taken a call from our Deputy Chairman on another matter, and I asked him the question. Sands did not play for Melksham in the FA Cup, but he is not eligible for Wednesday as he was not available to play 24 hours before the previous round !!! I don't understand it either - that's the FA ruling. So I guess if we get through on Wednesday, he will be eligible to play against Maidenhead United. Cracking draw that, and at home as well - I fancy our chances. COYMB

08/10/2018 1:17 PM  #12

Maidenhead Utd. Home for the winners of Wednesdays game. Could have been better. But could have been a lot worse. 😎

08/10/2018 1:43 PM  #13

newfan wrote:

Does seem a bit odd that we let Sands get cup-tied.

Anyway a win on Wed rewards us with a home tie vs Maidenhead which will be a tough game

So Sandell NOT CUP TIED, maybe a good idea to find out facts first.

08/10/2018 4:24 PM  #14

Thanks for the flame blueboo keyboard warrior.

I did say it "sounded odd" having read the same report in G&H.

It was odd as toyboy explained

09/10/2018 1:45 PM  #15

The FA work in mysterious ways boys. A warm evening is forecast for tomorrow.  Hopefully we’ll have a decent crowd at the Park to cheer the lads to a win.  I’m going 3-1 Chippenham. Good luck Mark, Horgs and the lads.   ⚽️😎

09/10/2018 4:45 PM  #16

I'm quietly confident of a win too. Hopefully the weekend lay-off has the squad raring to go.

It would be good if the G&H could also correct their latest website article that says the game is today (tues),  as well the previous online article which still says Sands played for Melksham against Merthyr in a previous round cup game!

09/10/2018 4:51 PM  #17

I left a comment on the G&H article advising game was on Wednesday, they need to get their act together with their fake news!!

09/10/2018 5:08 PM  #18

As Puddy and Tindle are out long term, any news on Ferguson ? Yan came off early at Dulwich Guthrie banned again so looks like bare bones no Sandell either.

10/10/2018 1:09 PM  #19

Fergie was 2 weeks away from match fitness at Dulitch so nearly there but probably not for tonight.  House is an excellent long term replacement for Will Puddy, so no problem there.  We have a big squad with some very good players not in the starting 11. Agree about Sands shame about him being unavailable tonight.  He’s the sort of big game player that could come off the bench and change the game. Great day for playing and watching football.  Really looking forward to the game. I’m sure Mark and Horgs will have the lads fired right up. And hopefully we’ll start fast and get at em from the start. And let them know what a good side we are.  😎

10/10/2018 8:17 PM  #20

1-0 Jarvis. Kicking up.  😎

Board footera