BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/9/2018 3:51 PM  #1

Dulwich Away

HT 0-0 COYB
FT lost 2-0

Last edited by inthebox (29/9/2018 5:01 PM)

29/9/2018 5:20 PM  #2

Re: Dulwich Away

Second best in every department today. Just had no answer for what they had. Very surprised by their league position based on what I witnessed today. We go again next week!!

29/9/2018 8:04 PM  #3

Home safe and sound, good people of Tooting thankyou for your hospitality. Always in the game today but as always 1st goal changes things. Mcootie a threat and looking fitter Evans competitive my players of the day.

29/9/2018 10:09 PM  #4

Agree with the voice and blueboo, created a couple of chances first half but not much second half. Evans was the pick of our players.  Move on to Saturday.

01/10/2018 10:14 AM  #5

I thought we more than matched Dulwich in the first half, despite their physical advantage. Boy were they a big powerful team. You know you are in for a tough time when Nick McCottie is looking up to half their team, and Nick is not short by any means ! In the second half we did not build on the first half performance, but when Jack Compton came on we looked much better, but sadly too late in them game to get anything. Dulwich will upset a lot of teams with their physical presence and power this season, but let's not underestimate what we have achieved so far - we are only 5 points off the top spot, which demonstrates how tight this league is. Looking forward to this Saturday when we play (hopefully assuming no reply) we play Hendon or Lancing in the FA Cup - COYMB

04/10/2018 1:05 PM  #6

Dulwich supporter here in peace! We had a slow start to the season partly because we only had one of our first choice defenders available for most of the first six or seven games and he was playing out of position. We also struggled to convert opportunities up front. Consequently we lost 3 games in which we were clearly the better side and should have won. Now we have most injured players back we look much stronger and solid at the back and I'm expecting us to be competing for a play-off place come the end of the season.
It might be a little too painful for you to watch the highlights but there are extended highlights on you tube courtesy of the excellent DHTV for anyone who's interested! I can't post a link here because this is my first message. Just search 'Dulwich Hamlet fc' in you tube and you'll find them! Good luck for the rest of he season. 

04/10/2018 4:40 PM  #7

Good to hear from you pinknblue, and welcome to The Bluebirds Fans Forum. Strangely enough I've literally just finished looking at the highlights with a colleague at work who randomly picked up the match from elsewhere. I was at the game last Saturday and thoroughly enjoyed the welcome bestowed on us travelling fans by everyone we spoke to at the ground. My son enjoyed your exotic foods counter at the far end of the ground. Have to say I'd forgotten about that horror tackle on our lad in the first few seconds after kick-off. Think you lad got away a bit light there. Looking forward to meeting you guys when you visit us in April 2019. You will have an equally warm welcome from CTFC - We might have won the league by then !!!  COYMB.

05/10/2018 3:19 PM  #8

Thanks for that toyboy! I'm glad you enjoyed your brief visit to us and enjoyed the excellent food. Hopefully, the next one will be at Champion Hill rather than Imperial Fields. I look forward to the return fixture!

Board footera