BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/9/2018 6:53 PM  #11

Re: Supermarine. In the FA Cup. This Saturday. And Monday’s Draw.

It wasn’t the same team. We looked a bit out of shape today. Didn’t play well and could have lost. But having said that. Guthries sending off gave them a lifeline back into the game when we’d gone 2-1 up.  And they grabbed it. I think we would have won the game without the sending off. We had just started to settle and get on top.  But I agree lucky to go in level at the break. I would have given House the man of the match especially for his first half performance. And that says it all.I don’t think we’ll play as badly Tuesday night.  And we’re in the draw.Just.  So not all bad  😎

22/9/2018 7:13 PM  #12

We should have been beaten soundly by a much better team on the day and only didn't get stuffed because of several outstanding saves from our loan goalie who deserved MOTM. They had done homework on us and the shape of the team was wrong and we didn't change it at half time, so more of the same. I didn't think the challenge that Guthrie got a straight red for was that bad, in fact I thought the Marine player fouled him from where I was. However, he is a liability and cannot tackle and here he probably cost us the game, not that we deserved to win. At 2-1 we sat too deep and got punished. I won't be that surprised if we lose on Tuesday too.

22/9/2018 8:02 PM  #13

Poor poor performance. Don't think anyone would deny that. Chippenham and the fa cup don't go. Poor gate too, maybe they saw it coming.

22/9/2018 8:10 PM  #14

Unfortunately I have to agree with most of what has been posted. How can we not turn up for a home game in the FA Cup? Looking around the results most teams in our division got through. I wonder if we will on Tuesday.....

22/9/2018 8:31 PM  #15

Not good enough. We know what we have to go and do Tuesday now!

22/9/2018 10:17 PM  #16

Feeling a little nervous now about Tuesday's game. Based on this afternoon's match, Supermarine will fancy their chances playing on their artificial pitch. Come on lads, let's finish the job!

22/9/2018 11:40 PM  #17

Artificial, you sure ?

23/9/2018 10:14 AM  #18

Very poor performance today, shape was all wrong, 3 at the back, we got punished. Had to laugh at the quote of the season from their manager when their keeper dislocated his shoulder "Tell him to carry on until half time", what a joke.
I have many times moaned about Guthrie's sending's off, but I was close to the tackle and it looked a 50/50 ball and was not even a foul. They had a make shift keeper second half and we only tested him once and scored, poor team selection and shape. Hope it is better on Tuesday.

23/9/2018 10:22 AM  #19

Agree on the Guthrie front,unlucky to say the least. As for shape i recall it as the same that battered Concord and won at Torquay.

23/9/2018 11:14 AM  #20

blueboo wrote:

Artificial, you sure ?

Artificial, 3G, 4G, whatever it's called, it definitely wasn't a grass pitch when we played them in this season's pre-season friendly.

Board footera