BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/9/2018 4:39 PM  #1

Gary Owers Sacked

Just seen that Gary Owers Torquay manager has been shown the door, that follows the sacking of the Billericay manager after their defeat to the Chip.

12/9/2018 4:43 PM  #2

Re: Gary Owers Sacked

And Billericay have appointed a new manager... no wait... Tamplin sacked him after just two hours, is that a record?

12/9/2018 10:07 PM  #3

No, the record is 10 minutes... By Torquay in 2007

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2007/may/21/newsstory.sport5

13/9/2018 7:39 AM  #4

Not surprised, never really did much at Bath

13/9/2018 7:40 AM  #5

So the Torquay faithful have got their wish, and Mr.Owers is now looking for yet another club to manage. There seems to be a pattern developing here - 2 manager's sacked after playing the Mighty Bluebirds ! I wonder who will be next ? Seriously though, having witnessed the reaction of the TUFC fans at the final whistle last Saturday, and talking to some of their more polite TUFC fans in the bar afterwards, it was obvious Owers days were numbered. In my opinion this job is something of a poison chalice, as whoever is appointed next as manager will have one remit - 'Promotion or your sacked' Nice !!

13/9/2018 1:09 PM  #6

Torquay have appointed Gary Johnson ex Cheltenham, Yeovil and Bristol City.

13/9/2018 2:38 PM  #7

Beadle sacked at Hereford .

13/9/2018 3:56 PM  #8

Expectations at some clubs is extremely high. These are big budget clubs who think money can buy promotion. It may have worked for the lower leagues ( Hereford and Billericay ) but nothings a given at this level.
Going on previous sackings I expect the Gloucester manager is updating his CV.

Board footera