BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

27/4/2018 10:38 AM  #1

V Welling Home Tomorrow.

It should be a Good atmosphere tomorrow at our last League Game. With Bjorn and the Norwegian Gang Making  there annual visit to Hardenhuish Park.  They are a great bunch and they really know how to have a good time. They certainly make the most of the English drinks prices, compared to what there used to paying in Norway. It’s a pity that Welling can no longer make the play offs, having suffered   a poor couple of recent results. Which would have made the atmosphere even better. It would be nice to finish our first National League South season on a real high. And Make the Norwegians trip one to remember for them. I hope we play our strongest team. With maybe a few squad changes in the second half. The standard of Football this season has been a huge step up and we now look very comfortable with it. Mark and his team have done a fantastic job with the side, despite some very low moments earlier in the season. All in all it’s been a good season with the players now knowing what is expected of them. Crowds have stayed consistently good. And I believe most of the new fans have also enjoyed the football they’ve seen. With the side we have now we are not far off being a force in this division. Two or Three quality players could put us in a place to challenge for a play off spot next season.  Neil, John and the board have done a great job, and are working really hard to take the cub up a notch, and keep us moving forward. Player of the year has got to be Gregg Tindle. He has been so strong and consistent at the heart of our defence. I really hope he wins it. Good luck tomorrow to Mark,Horgs,Jas and the lads. Let’s keep our run going and finish on a High 😎

Last edited by Jono (27/4/2018 10:56 AM)

27/4/2018 12:08 PM  #2

Re: V Welling Home Tomorrow.

Agreed 😎, changes tomorrow with Evans and Fergie both suspended I presume. Great effort by all concerned. Improvements everywhere, credit to merchandise team, catering, bar staff, the playing surface has improved too. Tannoy still remains shabby volume music choice and announcements drab.

27/4/2018 12:58 PM  #3

I would hope that we get an entertaining game. With neither side really under pressure to get a result, we might get a disappointing draw, but I'd like to think our team would want to sign off with a final good home performance, where our form has been pretty good this year especially against teams in the top half of the table

28/4/2018 12:54 PM  #4

I'm looking forward to today's game and the Norwegian visitors. I agree with Jonno and hope we play our strongest side.  I appreciate we have a couple missing throuh suspensions   But apart from that I hope it's a full side. People tend to remeber the last game. Come on Chips and Ham.

29/4/2018 11:56 AM  #5

An enjoyable game considering that neither team had anything to play for. A great finish to our first season at this level. I must admit that during January and February it looked like we would struggle to keep our place as we couldn't win a game to save our life and I thought that it was time for a change at the top. The Chairman made some changes to the coaching staff but stuck with Mark which turned out to be the the right move as from March we have looked a different team and at home at this level of football. 
Lets look forward to next season, who will stay? who will we sign? who will be our keeper? An exciting second season to look forward to with the the chance of the likes of Hereford and Billericay Town and Torquay playing at Chippenham .Thank you everyone at C.T.F.C. for a great year especially that great night at Twerton in August.

29/4/2018 2:54 PM  #6

Good job your not the Chairman!

29/4/2018 3:35 PM  #7

Believe me it's so easy to run a football club from the terraces, nothing like the real thing.

02/5/2018 12:01 PM  #8

Welling have sacked manager Coyle.

02/5/2018 4:50 PM  #9

Sammy Moore and Jack Midson (ex Histon) have left Leatherhead to manage Concord Rangers

Last edited by Charlie Bird (02/5/2018 4:50 PM)

Board footera