BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/4/2018 5:47 PM  #11

Re: Wealdstone Away. Tomorrow.

Some comments on the Wealdstone forum weren't exactly singing the praises of yesterday's game but I thought it was a cracking game. The sendings off I suppose you could say the second yellows for both Ferguson and Evans were justified but in Ferguson's case first booking was for kicking the ball away. Fair enough only if the referee books a player every time that happens which yesterday, of course, he didn't. Can't comment about Evans as didn't even know he had already been booked!

23/4/2018 10:52 AM  #12

A trip back to my roots as I grew up watching Wealdstone in the 60/70s when they played at a proper stadium,Lower Mead on the border where Harrow met Wealdstone. In the 70s they had the best non league striker I have ever seen, George Duck. 62 goals in 72/73 -251 in seven seasons.Crowds of 3000 were not uncommon. Shame to see them playing at a ground I knew as Ruislip Manor. Stuart Pearce , Vinnie Jones and Jermaine Beckford came through their ranks. Great players in their twilight years who i saw play for them included Spurs favorites Cliff Jones and Terry Dyson as well as Fulham and Englands Johnny Haynes, Crystal  Palace Captain John McCormack.
Thoroughly enjoyed the game which had we kept a full side I am cofident we would have won.

24/4/2018 11:19 AM  #13

I see Dave Pratt and Andy Sandell were both in the National South team of the day.  If only Dave was still at Chip.

Board footera