BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/4/2018 8:38 PM  #11

Re: V Oxford City Away Tomorrow.

Another away win and another clean sheet. A hard working performance, agree with inside left, Beedon had a solid game. McDonald my man of the match, faultless.

02/4/2018 8:48 PM  #12

Great run of form. I guess the reason for the recient anxiety was that we could see our CS status slipping away! (and we didn't want to give it up!).
Doesn't really matter what happens now; but I'm sure the team will not think of it that way. We have three teams involved in the play-offs Hemel Hempstead, Truro and Welling. It would be great to take points off these teams and have some bearing on the play-off places!
Thanks for the journey; my high light was the balmy night in Bath in August!

02/4/2018 8:53 PM  #13

I must admit at 3 o clock there was fear with the team selected,great performance with a great following from Chippenham loyal. Happy Easter

02/4/2018 9:45 PM  #14

Driving home after the game listening to BBC Radio Oxford, the reporter at the match sounded as though she'd been watching a different game to me. I didn't recognise her description of lacklustre performances from both sides at all. For my money, Oxford City had a real go at us and had we not defended our one nil lead so heroically, they'd have won the game. We were denied the chance of another goal late on when Karnell broke through and heading for a one on one with their keeper, was fouled from behind. Great to see so many Chippenham fans there. 

03/4/2018 11:16 AM  #15

Was a bit wary when I saw the team sheet, but team played well, especially Jon Beeden and McDonald. Strange quiet atmosphere at the ground but probably more Chip fans than Oxford City and Utd fans, but Chip supporters let them know they were there. How Chip 2 nd goal was disallowed is a mystery after the keeper dropped the ball with no one near hime, and the ball was touched in. Well done Mark and almost over the line.

Last edited by inthebox (03/4/2018 11:50 AM)

03/4/2018 3:27 PM  #16

My thoughts exactly in the box - I was right in line with that incident and certainly no-one near their keeper, so no foul, and Fergie came from on-side to prod the ball home. A very professional performance all round from our guys yesterday, and again Chambers really caught my eye - he looks a real find and hopefully he will be with us next season

Board footera