BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/3/2018 12:01 AM  #11

Re: V Weston & Concord. Home.

Wsm played the better football but were totally nullified by our ability to create and score chances and staunch defence . In truth as nervous as I felt, Weston-super-Mare didn't pose a serious scoring threat all game. Superb defending by all but special mention is due to Guthrie who appears to have put hot headed challenges behind him and is a far better player as a result. Despite having less possession we were unlucky not have scored at least 3 if not 4.

18/3/2018 11:09 AM  #12

A superbly organized, workman like controlled game of football. Mark and his team have the players and the shape of the side working really well.  Players seem to know what is expected of them. They are backing each other up all over the pitch, when we have the ball, and when we loose it, the shape stays solid.  The back 3 of Tindle, McDonald and Richards becomes a back 5 with Guthrie and Jones dropping in when we were under pressure. You could see Weston were a good footballing side, but there threat was pretty much nullified by the exellent way we deffended. This gave Jarad Thompson, probably his quietest afternoon of the season.  Two cracking goals in the first half. The first from Sandell who works tirelessly and is always a major threat and a handfull for his Markers.     And the second from Mike Jones,  as he burst in from the right executing a superb chip with the outside of his foot, over the advancing keeper and into the net to make it 2-0. Western huffed and puffed in the second half but they never really looked to much like breaking down our midfield and defensive units, as we sat deep to protect what we had. And we came close to catching them on the break and adding a third.  Guthrie also struck a very good second half free kick and Richards hit the bar.  All in All a top class performance by the whole side.  With Guthrie a very close second to Star man Mike Jones. With Jones making the National league North and South team of the Day in the Non League paper.   Well done to Mark,Horgs Jas and the Lads.  Now let's beat Concord on Tuesday Night.  And keep those smiles on the Chippenham fans faces.  😎

18/3/2018 12:51 PM  #13

Two good goals and a welcome clean sheet, we are nearly safe.  Well done to Mike Jones for being in the non league team of the day, the step over king!

20/3/2018 11:22 PM  #14

Heroes to Zeroes today v Concord.

Absolutely terrible. So many mistakes right from the outset and just not competitive. They were so much better than us and just wanted it more.

Deserve relegation based on that whereas on Saturday I thought we were heading for mid-table where I hoped we'd be at season end

Last edited by newfan (20/3/2018 11:23 PM)

21/3/2018 12:00 AM  #15

Absolutely terrible. Our forwards are so ineffective; can't see them scoring enough goals to get us out of trouble. The only hope is to get in loan strkers from league clubs!
I'm frustrated given or hopeless away form that we are so 'ill prepared' for the end of season run in. I can't be mad because the assembled squad is just not good enough.
These players owe us a decent away performance. Please, please get in a loan striker or we're buried!

21/3/2018 1:00 AM  #16

Shocking performance. After two wins it looked as though we'd turned a corner, but judging by tonight, we're back to square one. Given how difficult we find it to pick up points away from home, this was definitely a wasted opportunity to gain 3 precious points.

21/3/2018 9:21 AM  #17

How many red cards have we now had this season?

21/3/2018 10:20 AM  #18

Arguably our worst home performance of the season in my opinion, particularly when you consider how well the team played against WSM on Saturday. Concord wanted the result far more than we did last night, and quite frankly we did not turn up ! How Jackson and Mohammed have a starting place currently is beyond me - both are simply not good enough for this level. There was no commitment, effort or passion in that performance last night from the entire team, and we got exactly what we deserved. My concern looking ahead is if we do survive at this level, and it is a big if based on last night's performance, will this squad be broken up and more experienced player's at this level be brought in ? I wish I could take positives from last nights game, but I can't. Apart from Poole other teams around us came un-stuck. But we cannot relay on other teams to decide our destiny - thoughts anyone ?

21/3/2018 10:24 AM  #19

They say a weeks along time in politics but 4 days in a lifetime in football. On Saturday we had players in the National league team of the week now they wouldn't get in a Sunday league side. In the past I have been critical of Mark but today I feel sorry for him Players who all put in a shift on Saturday just didn't turn up, he must be scratching his head as to what he has to do, they just didn't look interested. The subs didn't bother to warm up at half time and when Guthrie got sent off none of the team upped their work rate to make up for being down to 10 men. Concord's keeper only had 1 shot to save and that was from Evan's header, by the time Smith got the goal it was too late and all over. When you look at what a win would have done for us with other results going our way last night could be the game that determines our season. Less than 400 at last nights game with a performance like that it could be less on Easter Saturday. So come on lads sort it out and give Mark and the fans a team to be proud of, let's have some Pride and Passion.

21/3/2018 11:15 AM  #20

All I can say is I repeat all other posts on this forum from last night's game, it was a shocker, they wanted it more than we did. Why change a winning team, unless of course there were injuries, but Sandell and Fergie were on the bench, and Sands not even brought on as a sub. Why take off Jones at half time, unless injured, but looked okay, and the tactics second half were appalling. Another red card, 8 this season in the league, wonder who got sent off, Guthrie, that will be his third suspension this season, A few bookings last night also, must be a few near suspension on yellow card count, discipline is poor. Heard on radio this morning Mark is looking to Swindon for loan players, before transfer deadline, a bit late in the day for that. Last night was probably the worst display of the season, and a relatively small crowd, not very encouraging to get fans back through the gate. We do not mind losing if the team play attractive football and give their all, but last night was abysmal.

Last edited by inthebox (21/3/2018 11:17 AM)

Board footera