BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/2/2018 10:56 PM  #11

Re: V Bognor Regis Town. Tomorrow

I couldn't make game,but by all counts a good performance, clean sheet is very positive. I was surprised with selection, no Ferguson,Sandell or Evans but a win is a win. Forum quiet, suppose its because team won.

12/2/2018 11:47 PM  #12

A good all round performance. I thought Chippenham controlled the game.  And 1-0 was flattering to Bognor.  Tindle looked strong   And I liked the look of Mullings in centre midfield, not the most mobile but makes the game look easy.  Didn't look good for McCootie. He looked in a bad way when he came off.

13/2/2018 12:44 PM  #13

blueboo wrote:

I couldn't make game,but by all counts a good performance, clean sheet is very positive. I was surprised with selection, no Ferguson,Sandell or Evans but a win is a win. Forum quiet, suppose its because team won.

Fergie and Deano came on as subs, both including Sands were carrying injuries.

13/2/2018 10:40 PM  #14

OK...

​I thought Patten was outstanding and if his knock wasn't too bad deserves to be on the starting 11 team-sheet again. I liked the way he was demanding the ball and I'm not sure why he hasn't been given more opportunities before. My MoTM

​Jones did well alongside Tindle to my surprise, who also looked more like his old self and seemed to be coming back into form. I do wonder why Beeden stays at the club though as it looks like he is third choice for his normal playing position. I think he would have done a job there, but maybe was unavailable on Sat though? 

​Mullings did look good, but I thought that before when the quality of opposition was poor. He has not impressed me when he comes under pressure and his space to work is restricted by better players.

​McCootie missed a golden free header strike and was not claiming the balls knocked forward to him to hold. Their centre-back was timing his jumps better and was first to the header every time. His work rate and willingness to move around the pitch as needed is impressive though.

​Bowman demands the ball and makes good runs when gets it, but often holds it too long without looking for the pass and gets caught and we lose the ball. An earlier ball out or a 1-2 with another runner would make him more dangerous.

​Guthrie had a good game but I'm still unconvinced that he can take a corner and he gives away too many yellow card fouls.

​Agree that Kaid looked the part when he came on probably earlier than planned. All depends how well he fits in with the others. We need some partnerships set up rather than chopping and changing (but of course injuries and suspensions play a big part in that)

Board footera