BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

31/1/2018 9:56 PM  #11

Re: Poole game is on

Forest Green, do you mean throwing millions at it ?

01/2/2018 8:32 AM  #12

blackandamber wrote:

I've come on here before and voiced my concerns about Thompson in recent weeks. He's not the player he was earier in the season. Braintree and Poole being prime examples! Do we have any options, it's clear he's going through a bad spell and we're dropping points through his errors!
Another question, why aren't we forging links with FGR? We could learn alot from them (on and off the field). Don't they train in Chippenham!

I voiced my concerns of Thompson at the start of the season but was shot down in flames. He's a great keeper and excellent shot stopper. But doesn't like crosses and at 18 won't be a dominate figure that commands his back 4. showing his young age now at an important time of the season. I did tell you so :-)
I also think that the clubs network only reaches as the Southern league and maybe Swindon, maybe thats to do with budget or maybe Collier has reached his level, now matter how good a manager he is (ecellent in my opinion) if you don't have the contacts, you don't have them.

01/2/2018 8:56 AM  #13

Contacts ! How about Chelsea Swindon Town Bristol Rovers Bristol City clubs all proven contacts ?

01/2/2018 9:58 AM  #14

Do we have an option not to play Thompson? He can't be gold plated if he's costing us. The outfield players dont have that luxury.

Last edited by Lord Voldermort (01/2/2018 9:59 AM)

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

01/2/2018 10:03 AM  #15

Chelsea, don't make me laugh. His dad used to play for us!!
Rovers, have we signed anyone from them?
Anyway all loan players. , ala Bath
Our permanent signings come from lower down the leagues fella.
But like B&A said we should be looking for FGR, Cheltenham cast offs if we want to compete in this league.

01/2/2018 1:20 PM  #16

Not saying he is perfect by any means, but everyone remembers when the keeper makes a mistake, Jared appears to be no exception. Ideally you want your keeper to have a boring game with your defence keeping most attacks at bay. How about the couple of outstanding saves he made which kept us in the game against Braintree and Dartford? How about the fact that he has untried combinations of back 4 in front of him and there have been problems with defence/keeper communication which should be done to Tindle to sort out as an experienced centre-back and captain?

More worrying to me is now playing with 3 upfront and we are still at not able to score

01/2/2018 7:19 PM  #17

newfan wrote:

Not saying he is perfect by any means, but everyone remembers when the keeper makes a mistake, Jared appears to be no exception. Ideally you want your keeper to have a boring game with your defence keeping most attacks at bay. How about the couple of outstanding saves he made which kept us in the game against Braintree and Dartford? How about the fact that he has untried combinations of back 4 in front of him and there have been problems with defence/keeper communication which should be done to Tindle to sort out as an experienced centre-back and captain?

More worrying to me is now playing with 3 upfront and we are still at not able to score

Absolutely spot on.

01/2/2018 7:31 PM  #18

Believer wrote:

newfan wrote:

Absolutely spot on.

What one game !

Board footera