BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/12/2017 6:52 PM  #1

The nightmare before Christmas

Well I thought Beeden was man of the match because he wasn't on the field with the rest of that shower. Usually Will Richards is our outstanding player, today he couldn't stay on his feet let alone play the ball.As for the rest they were out played and overpowered by a Bath side that was unrecognisable from the players we destroyed in August. Some of the blame must also go to Collier as the team seemed to lack direction and when plan A failed his plan B made no difference to the final outcome.
Great crowd but I think a large chunk of the gate money will disappear when the league gets the refs report about the plastic bottles thrown at Baths keeper. I hope Bath also get a fine for the idiot who throw the flare on the pitch after they scored. People who do things like that don't belong in modern football and should be banned.
Right, lets put this behind us and get 6 points from the next 2 games or we will find ourselves in the battle to stay up.

23/12/2017 6:56 PM  #2

Re: The nightmare before Christmas

Woeful

23/12/2017 7:10 PM  #3

We were terrible, never a penalty but Bath deserved it none the less first to every ball. We didn't look up for it from the start.
Mullings is far to slow IMHO and gave the ball away far too easily , why not start with Jones?
Not impressed with Bath time wasting tactics, overall and average side with one stand out player.... Tom Smith tore us apart all afternoon, should probably in Swindons starting 11.

23/12/2017 8:24 PM  #4

So many players off the pace,Richards Tindle Bowman Guthrie Evans all poor. Saw plenty of fire from our assistant manager  rowing with Bath staff,I must say totally out of order and lacking class. Handle defeat with dignity please.

24/12/2017 10:27 AM  #5

Blimey - all a bit doom and gloom here. I don't think we were outplayed and all 3 goals came from defensive mistakes - I think the score-line flatters Bath, and if we are honest we'd still take a 0-3 home defeat as long as we still have the 2-5 win at their place. Counting away goals we win on aggregate

Given we no longer have Pratt or a replacement and very clearly Tindle and Thompson were yet not fully fit again, I'm not sure we should have expected a convincing win.​I thought the more defensive setup to start with was sensible, but though he worked hard Sandell also seems to be a little jaded and a big ask to be out there on his own. Individually too many errors and poor passing all round, but two breakaway goals and a (with blue tinted glasses) debatable penalty don't mean we were thrashed. We do need to bounce back with a win at Hungerford however, and confidence will have taken a knock.

​The throwing of a flare onto the pitch by a Bath fan after the first goal requires action, as does whoever were the CTFC d***heads who threw items on as the Bath goalie went to take a goal kick in the second half - Sandell I think made it very clear what he thought of them. There should have been more stewards. I fear the club will face repercussions after that which will take the shine off the payday from the huge 1500 crowd.

Board footera