BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/12/2017 12:12 AM  #1

Nuno Felix

Nuno Felix has left the club by mutual consent.

05/12/2017 8:34 AM  #2

Re: Nuno Felix

Gutted, he was great for us during his time. A key member for sure and a nice lad, all the best.

05/12/2017 10:16 AM  #3

Have to say I'm surprised and disappointed about this news. This is an area within the Team that we have struggled with this season, as numerous player's have been tried, and no one in the squad has really excelled in that position. Wish Nuno all the very best for the future, and echo Believer's thoughts that Nuno was a great lad and did great for us. Will never forget the reaction from the whole team when he scored a screamer away at Hitchin last  season. Let's hope this does not come back and bit us in the bum and he signs for a rival in the National South.

05/12/2017 12:08 PM  #4

Personally I thought he was one of the better players, and it did not help when he was left on the bench numerous times, however, with the new players coming in, probably thought that to get time on the pitch, best for him to go to pastures new. All the best Nuno.

05/12/2017 7:27 PM  #5

Always liked watching Nuno play, he was outstanding for us in the Southern League Prem.  I wish him all the best at his next club.   Having said that he wasn't an automatic pick this season and makes way for Curtis McDonald who is very experienced at the level we're at now.  Good work getting players of this calibre in, it's another necessary step towards consolidating the club in the National South.  

05/12/2017 11:12 PM  #6

I think it's odd. With no income from FA Cup and Trophy I'd understand budget cuts, but losing an established player in this way "by mutual consent" suggests more to it.

06/12/2017 10:48 AM  #7

It suggests the Management think that there are better options to strengthen us long term.  When good players become available someone has to make way.  That's what it looks like to me anyway.

Those that attended the pre-season Q&A session might remember the Chairman stating categorically that he's not happy to settle for where we are now.  He's ambitious, always looking to improve, and that goes for MC as well I'm sure.  

06/12/2017 11:37 AM  #8

Insideleft wrote:

It suggests the Management think that there are better options to strengthen us long term.  When good players become available someone has to make way.  That's what it looks like to me anyway.

Those that attended the pre-season Q&A session might remember the Chairman stating categorically that he's not happy to settle for where we are now.  He's ambitious, always looking to improve, and that goes for MC as well I'm sure.  

Personally, having watched Curtis play, I don’t believe at left back he offers anywhere near as much as Nuno. I believe he is more of a centre half than a full back. The way our full backs play, more so of recent times, they are up and down constantly, and I can’t see Curtis doing that for 90 minutes. Saying that, he is a good defender with a lot of experience, so it will be interesting to see how he does for us.

09/12/2017 11:00 AM  #9

I wonder if he has brought as cover for Tindle rather than slotting in for Nuno?

12/12/2017 11:33 AM  #10

Nuno has now joined Banbury United, he will certainly be a great addition to the squad and wish him all the best!

Board footera