BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2017 9:51 AM  #11

Re: Pratt

Heard the news about Pratty via my son yesterday afternoon, and I will be honest at the time I was extremely disappointed with the guy. However, as Space Invader stated above, this is the second time Pratty has done this to CTFC, and it just demonstrates there is no loyalty in football, and money certainly does talk ! Pratty will be a tough act to follow, and I hope the Manager finds the right player to replace him.

11/12/2017 11:08 AM  #12

I'm very disappointed that Pra££y's gone too, but let's face it, he hasn't jumped ship for an extra £50 a week.  Whatever deal he's been offered is obviously too good to turn down.  He's 30, has a young family, and probably won't get anything like this opportunity again.  
Hopefully we've got some decent compensation from Wealdstone, given that he was on contract.  The real difficulty will be replacing him.  It's highly unlikely we'll get a 'like for like' player.

11/12/2017 12:56 PM  #13

Again, gutted about this. Pratty will be one difficult player to replace. It will be interesting to see who Mark and Tom will bring in as replacement.

11/12/2017 1:21 PM  #14

We probably need to find a couple of strikers, because Sandell is often injured or suspended. That said, if we can find someone like Jake Andrews on loan, who was integral to the promotion winning squad last year, then I think we'll be OK. With a fee for the transfer and a lower wage bill, we can possibly afford to wait for the right person and more than ever, we need to be just consolidating our position in the division now, with a more defensive approach, grinding out a few narrow wins and draws (which we did last year around this time!)  and not get too despondent.

11/12/2017 3:03 PM  #15

If the rumour mill is true about our compensation for a 30 year old who we had for a season and a half I'd drive the mercenary to wealdstone myself.
And personally i'd have gone too if it were offered to me so thanks for the goals Pratty.

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

11/12/2017 10:03 PM  #16

Now the dust has settled regarding the Pratt saga it’s time to reflect how the deal was good for the player and club. firstly Pratt has been excellent for the club since joining and played a massive part in the teams promotion so he deserve massive credit . with 6 months left on his contract and with the fees banded amount it’s to good to be true ,if not he leaves in the summer for nothing . I know as fans we don’t want to see our best players leaving but it’s out of our hands when a player has a offer to good to refuse (remember he’s only human )he’s done what’s best for him and his family .no doubt mark will bring in the correct replacement like he has proven in the past .

Board footera