BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/11/2017 6:01 PM  #11

Re: Concord v Chippenham

Scored more than the team in 4th. Same scenario as the Southern Prem about 12 months ago, need to organise the defence better.  The key here is to consolidate, start to get the message across. Chippenham are a tough team to beat. COYB!

20/11/2017 11:35 PM  #12

Chippenham are on 23 points and the team 3rd from bottom is on 16! You think this is a buffer, but that can quickly disappear. When you conceed 3/4 goals a game, in means you have to score a fair few to win! Stuff the trophy, CS is more important.

21/11/2017 1:38 PM  #13

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring!

Over the past 5 seasons the following points totals are for the best placed team that actually got relegated = 36, 47, 30, 40, 44.

50 points is a realistic target for complete safety, so the aim should be to get there as soon as we can then see where we go from there.  Currently on 23 points from 19 games - so we've got another 23 games to get 27 points which, even with the occasional beating, we should be capable of.  This is a mightily tough league and it's a steep learning curve, not only for the players and management, but the club as a whole in my humble opinion.  They're all doing a great job.
I'd like to see us have a real go at the Trophy.  More revenue and potentially higher profile games the further we get.  Whitehawk will be tough.  Ignore their league position, they've got a feisty Manager in Steve King (who was in charge of Macclesfield when they dumped Swindon out of the FA Cup at the County Ground about 5 or 6 years ago - I was there) and they'll enjoy not having the pressure of battling for league points.  A win down there will be a top result for us.

Board footera