BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

02/10/2017 7:39 AM  #1

Hungerford Town v Billercay Town - FA Cup

In need of a football fix on Saturday, due to lack of games in our locality, I decided to make the short trip to take a look at Hungerford, and secondly to see what all the fuss is about on Billericay Town. Having visited Billericay last season when CTFC played them in the FA Cup, I was surprised that not a single player from that team was in their current squad. Not sure how good everyone's memory is but can you remember the 'one season wonders' Elmore, who won the Western League back in the 80's with a team comprising of football league has-beens ? Well the current Billercay squad reminded me of that, and to be honest their good, but not that good ! They would genuinely struggle at National level with their current squad. Hungerford are a solid outfit, with nobody really outstanding, and in reality should have won this game in the dying moments had it not been for a wonder save by the keeper. Good to see a number of Chippenham people in the crowd of 507 (mostly from Billericay - honestly). Hungerford look slow at the back, and will struggle against pacey players. Looking forward to the Boxing Day game against them. COYMB

Board footera