BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/9/2017 9:44 AM  #1

Hemel Hempstead

At half time I wondered how we scored and thought the second half was going to be a torrid affair, how wrong, second half we totally dominated, Pratt chasing lost balls and capitalised by chasing a long ball to the bye line and beating two players and scoring with a cracking shot.  New boy Scott Twine played well, and was actually in the National League team of the day, well done Scott. Hemel shot themselves in the foot by making all 3 substitutions with 30 mins to play and straight away one of their players got injured so they were playing with 10 men for last 30 mins. We will miss Jake, and lets hope the managerial team of Mark and Tom do not go to Bath. It was a very good second half, keep it up. Surprised Chip did not appeal Sands sending off, so he is out for 3 games, it will give him time to get back fit.

24/9/2017 10:01 AM  #2

Re: Hemel Hempstead

I thought we were on top for most of the game. Small period where they threatened to hit back, notably when their experienced 8 hit the post, but otherwise I think we had the better of the game.

Thought the same of Sands. Can only assume there is a cost to him and/or the club if he appeals and he wouldn't be properly fit to play anyway fulltime even if suspension was rescinded. Not worth the time and financial outlay to defend the red... or that he knows that what he did was wrong and not accidental and innocent, only he knows that - whatever the video shows as evidence of a ref error.

24/9/2017 10:53 AM  #3

Very good performance, always looked in control. Formation change was interesting playing Pratty as lone striker appeared negative but scored 5 so what do I know.

24/9/2017 5:09 PM  #4

Congratulations to the team and management for a job well done- an excellent response to last weeks blip.
Every player performed very well and James Guthrie was very proficient at left back and deserved his MOM. Sorry to see Jake go but best wishes to him in his endeavors at a higher level.

24/9/2017 7:42 PM  #5

This was a great win, against an in-form team with some well known names amongst them (Sheringham, Spring and a certain ex-Bath player called Walsh).  At 2-1 I thought we might struggle to maintain the lead but Pratty's superb goal for the third sealed it.  Excellent all round performance, Guthrie superb at left back (and didn't look like getting booked!), Twine visibly growng in confidence with his well taken goals (he barely looks old enough for a paper round) and Pratt doing what he does best, just pestering the life out of defenders.  Jones stood out for me though.  He just went about his business without fuss and got through a huge amount of work protecting the back four.  Reminded me of Mark Badman in that sense, and he was a very good player.

Shame to see Jake going back to the Wurzels but he's been great for us, and vice versa.  Hopefully MC can work his magic and get someone else in to replace him.

Board footera