BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/4/2015 11:36 AM  #1

When all's said and done......

We've made good progress this season following the gradual decline over the past five years or so.  Pretty sure we'd have taken finishing above clubs like Chesham, Cambridge City, Dorchester etc. at the start of the season, so optimistic we can have a real go next time round with the addition of a few quality players.  Easier said than done of course, we'll obviously have to shed a few, but confident MC/TJ can do the necessary business.
The pitch was like a car park yesterday and I understand serious work is planned as soon as it's been used for the last time in May.  Too many games on it which opens up another debate about the Reserves/Third Team/Youth team all using it. 

Here's my release list:  Harvey (sorry Harvs, you've been fantastic), Guthrie, Osman, Phillips.

26/4/2015 12:21 PM  #2

Re: When all's said and done......

Not sure about Phillps ! Charlie is a interesting one.Budget Budget i suppose. Is Collier under contract ?

27/4/2015 6:56 PM  #3

As a Swindon based blue bird, I'm hearing that several of MC/TJ's players will be departing to Swindon Supermarine this summer? Any thoughts on who this could be?

27/4/2015 8:49 PM  #4

Those who want to leave or who are no longer wanted would be my guess Derek
In addition to the list above I'd add Pook .

28/4/2015 8:49 AM  #5

All about opinions of course, but I think Pook is class, so wouldn't want to lose him.  If we lose a few so be it - we'll get replacements.  Good luck to them if they want to play a level down. 

28/4/2015 9:48 AM  #6

Corner Flag wrote:

Those who want to leave or who are no longer wanted would be my guess Derek
In addition to the list above I'd add Pook .

Further to our recent discussion he played 109 times for the Robins before moving onto to Cheltenham - bit of a slppery slope since then.

28/4/2015 10:13 AM  #7

Insideleft wrote:

ng it. 

Here's my release list:  Harvey (sorry Harvs, you've been fantastic), Guthrie, Osman, Phillips.

Not my choices - Harvs despite his years keeps very fit and is a good man to have on the back burner and for me offers more than Pook.Guthrie has had a good season and would be much more effective if he stopped talking  his way into trouble. Feel sorry for Osman who never gets the same position two games running but has shown in the past what he can do however I suspect he may be dispensed with. Phillips has struggled this year with serious injuries but to me has returned with a better pace to his game and I thought he did well against Bideford. Not too many I would ship out before seeing who we can get in. Not too much adjustment required - just need to find the missing pieces of the jigsaw and then give them a half decent surface to play on which I gather is the plan.

28/4/2015 9:15 PM  #8

Thought i read somewhere that youngsters would be given a chance towards the end of the season,did sitting on the bench qualify?What we lack is being able to play for 90minutes.Scoring goals was the big problem.Would like to see the younger players kept,but fear that The likes of Ferguson will be taken by a bigger club.For what we saw this year i think that the club was very well supported throughout the year,but the season finishes early when nothing to play for,especially when knocked out of cup competitons early.Still only 3months to pre-season friendlies.Thanks to all of those who help run the club,without you we wouldnt have football to watch.

Board footera