BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/4/2014 4:38 PM  #1

Problems seen with Ben John

I couldn't help but notice the immaturity of Ben John from the bank holiday Monday game, did anyone else see/hear some of the actions/comments he was making from the dug out and during warm-up, throughout the game?

I'm not having a dig at certain players at the club, but I feel the lack of professionalism from the team are starting to show ON the pitch... Which probably indicates the reason why the club are in their current league position. However, a handful of players show great maturity ON and OFF the pitch, such as; Alan Griffin for example.

On Monday playing against Hungerford, Ben John repeatedly and obviously was trying to be the joker in the pack and be the centre of attention. He swore several times with team mates just outside the dug out and quite clearly, there was several children with parents who looked disgusted towards him! Another incident was during the half-time 'warm up', where he was shouting on several occasions to win a laugh or two from his fellow substitues - pathetic. Even the likes of Steve Perrin, Iain Harvey and Mark Hervin wouldn't of seeked attention like that and they were/are true professionals.

During the seconds half the ball came towards Scott Garraway (physio) and Ben John said to Scott to pass him the ball, just outside the dug out, which they did about two or three times... WHY?! Hungerfords no.11 was irate with their behaviour and I'm surprised the linesman didn't have a word. Also when one of Hungerfords players was down receiving treatment, Ben John walked onto the pitch with bottles of water, with the referee and linesman saying 'get off the pitch', which resulted in Ben John shouting 'I'm water boy'... Hardly funny! Also an incident with Ian Herring during wam-up occured but page space will be full.

Maybe this is why he was dropped in the first place?! Although I was disappointed that Mark Collier OR Tom Jones didn't have a word with him and INSTEAD, laughed at his antics... Discipline at this club is terrible and I hope to see some improvement in the future, if the club has any ambition going forward, they need to sort immaturity like this out ASAP!!

23/4/2014 8:20 PM  #2

Re: Problems seen with Ben John

We have one more game, then he's gone, 

23/4/2014 8:51 PM  #3

Haven't seen the goalkeeping coach for a while, is he not still with us?

23/4/2014 9:01 PM  #4

His first priority is with Swindon who employ him.

23/4/2014 10:55 PM  #5

1 game Ben John and others will be long gone .

26/4/2014 8:33 AM  #6

There is definitely an anti ben john feeling at the club and to be honest it seems to be directed to any player whose from the vicinity of Bristol and not Wiltshire. It's for this reason we'll be a small time club with small minded fans.

Anyone watch match of the day or live matches on sky? You will see pro players swear at referees and fellow players every game. I'm not saying it's right but that's football. I've even see Griff swear but it's part and parcel of the game.

As beatbox said Johnsy has many crucial saves this season but the small minded inbreeds have a got a campaign against him and forget these things!!

The voice of the bluebirds

26/4/2014 12:21 PM  #7

Seem to remember you had an Anti-Lee Phillips campaign recently Knappy 

26/4/2014 1:05 PM  #8

Paul slight difference, I was suggesting we weren't getting value for money from our goal machine.

This is more vindictive.

I think it just shows the club is rotten to the core. Since the new management came in there is less harmony in the dressing room, this has translated to the pitch. And us as fans are more disgruntled than ever.

The voice of the bluebirds

26/4/2014 2:02 PM  #9

I'm not disgruntled, just glad the season is over and we've survived the carnage left by the previous two managers.  As for harmony in the dressing room I wouldn't have a clue, I don't go in there but, as said many times before, MC has a clean slate once today is over and we can move on.  COYB!

26/4/2014 6:05 PM  #10

Knappy I don't think you actually know what it's like inside the dressing room

Board footera