BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/3/2012 5:06 PM  #1

Bluebirds poor performance. What would you do?

What are the options

Safe from relegation and no chance of promotion do you thin the squad out and save the money until next season,

New Manager ?

New staff to assist the Manager ?

How about a Director of Football at the club to help the manager ?

Or does all the team need as a bit of luck ?

26/3/2012 6:23 PM  #2

Re: Bluebirds poor performance. What would you do?

New Manager ? No, review at the end of the season (as they always do)

New staff to assist the Manager ? No

How about a Director of Football at the club to help the manager ? No, what would you gain in a director of football

Or does all the team need as a bit of luck ? Defo.

I say thin the squad now and get some future players some proper matchtime ie Mani and Wickens regular starting places so they can also be reviewed.  I understand Adie said 3 players have been told they can leave, IMHO totally the right thing to do. This season we looked good on paper but red cards, injury`s and poor team performances have cost us dearly, on the plus side young players such as Guthrie, Stearn and Rhandawa have proved themselves. Time to lick our wounds and start rebuilding for the future, with the arrival of a new board member and the press release stating exciting times ahead for CTFC I hope that new investment will allow us to build a squad that also performs on the pitch.   

In conclusion a very frustrating season where in we didn`t live up to expectations in what have once again proved to be a season were any team can beat any other, which just adds to my frustration.

Less of politics, every dog has it`s day....J Lydon

26/3/2012 9:32 PM  #3

It's a difficult one.

I think at this moment both the board and management team need to ask themselves if Adie is still the right man for the job. I'm not saying he isn't, but it needs to be asked. If not, I feel it would be better to get someone in now rather than wait til the end of the season.

It would be wrong to have unrealistic expectations and assume we have a divine right to make the play-offs, however most people would agree with the squad we've got and some of the results we've produced that our current position is disappointing. The main question is whether the current management team can sort it or if changes need to be made.

I agree that now is a good opportunity to blood some youngsters, would it be worth too re-considering the club having a reserve side? Obviously Wickens has been involved with the first team recently but what happens to the other u18 players?

27/3/2012 10:03 AM  #4

I think the manager will be asking himself the same questions - but players big on billing simply haven't delivered. Bite the bullet now and clear them out. Ady wont go now, and nor should he. We're safe. He will consider if he can deliver against expectations and budget for next season. If he can't he'll walk, of that I'm sure. If he really is 'doing it for nothing;' then the board will wonder where they should go next.

Lets Make The Magic Happen..

27/3/2012 12:57 PM  #5

Agree with the good Lord.  Clear out those that don't figure in his plans for next season and play the best of the kids to give them some decent experience.  That will send out a good message to those who aspire to play for the Town but have to go elsewhere for senior football when they reach the age of 18 or so.  If they're not good enough then so be it, but give them a chance when there's no real pressure on.

27/3/2012 4:46 PM  #6

Space Raider wrote:

It's a difficult one.

I think at this moment both the board and management team need to ask themselves if Adie is still the right man for the job. I'm not saying he isn't, but it needs to be asked. If not, I feel it would be better to get someone in now rather than wait til the end of the season.

It would be wrong to have unrealistic expectations and assume we have a divine right to make the play-offs, however most people would agree with the squad we've got and some of the results we've produced that our current position is disappointing. The main question is whether the current management team can sort it or if changes need to be made.

I agree that now is a good opportunity to blood some youngsters, would it be worth too re-considering the club having a reserve side? Obviously Wickens has been involved with the first team recently but what happens to the other u18 players?

But is it really the case that actually the squad is not as good as we hoped - There is real poor quality to our passing in central midfield and the centre mids sit too deep off the forwards - I agree that pushing the youth on and young players is the way forward, after all in the main it is the youngsters who have performed best for the Senior team over the season

28/3/2012 7:33 PM  #7

We badly need a mid field player who can stamp his authority on a game and provide quality balls to the forward areas,Scott has not progressed as one would have hoped  and no one  in our present squad looks capable of filling this role.I have a great respect for Adie as a person and he has handled everything from the Perrin saga on in a way which has bought credit to the club and himself so i am happy to give him the chance to turn things round.The next game is no easy one but his team selection should reflect his future strategy or at least a glimmer of it.

29/3/2012 9:48 PM  #8

The next game is no easy one but his team selection should reflect his future strategy or at least a glimmer of it.

And that to my mind is the key. I think it unrealistic to expect the appointment of new (any) managerial staff and I'm not convinced that is at all the route to go. What I believe is needed is the ability to enhance the undoubted talent within the squad and get them playing as a cohesive unit with a disciplined, passing game instead of punt it to Griff. That was rumbled a long time ago and with Lewis out as well, we've paid the price this season. A change of tactics is well overdue!

Board footera