BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

26/4/2024 10:13 AM  #1

Away kit

The official club site has a fans’ page to vote for either a black or green away kit for next season. However, I tried voting and it would not submit saying page not found.

Last edited by Charlie Bird (26/4/2024 10:14 AM)

26/4/2024 12:54 PM  #2

Re: Away kit

Now working.

26/4/2024 4:07 PM  #3

Definetly the black kit for me

26/4/2024 4:34 PM  #4

Would us using the black kit force the match officials to use an alternative kit?

26/4/2024 6:35 PM  #5

Its good to let fans have their say on this, well done to the club. I prefer the green, but anything is better than last years!

27/4/2024 9:12 AM  #6

Chris43 wrote:

Would us using the black kit force the match officials to use an alternative kit?

Good question. About 10/15 years ago Bath City had an all black back to their black and white stripes and it got worn once away to Bishop Stortford and we were never allowed to wear it again by the league and we had to stitch this tacky white patch to the back of it.

27/4/2024 10:44 AM  #7

When they were in the National League Wrexham’s Hollywood owners wanted an all black away kit as a nod to the town’s coal mining past but were barred from so doing by the National League. Promotion to the EFL meant they were able to do so if they so wished as the rule was abolished around 1993 for Premiership clubs and the EFL followed. No idea if the National League still have a ban, but assume the club checked this out before putting the vote out there.

28/4/2024 9:50 AM  #8

Farnborough have revealed a black away kit for next season, and a few in the league above have had some this season, which would lead me to believe the league have relaxed the rules and refs will be in those highlighter colours.

As for the vote, black is a no brainer.

Board footera