BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/3/2019 10:34 PM  #1

This weekend

Have we got a match this weekend?

Only asking!  😀

Last edited by Yorkie (01/3/2019 10:37 PM)

02/3/2019 10:20 AM  #2

Re: This weekend

As nobody bothered to answer your query I will, it's Oxford City and another 3 points for the Bluebirds.

02/3/2019 6:31 PM  #3

But for Puddy we would have been 0-2 at ht.

I've rarely seen us play with less intelligence. The pitch was bobbly and the wind was strong and yet we kept on with the high balls which could and did spray anywhere. And packing the box near the goalie at each corner was not working but we kept trying the same thing time after time.

Too many stray passes and we didn't deserve 3pts and would have been lucky to grab one.

Fairly poor ref who let too much go, but probably even-handed incompetence

02/3/2019 7:19 PM  #4

Shocking game.  Wrong player took the penalty, with Smile the designated taker being overruled by Jarvis.  When that happens you really need to score.
Compton stuck to the bench with no sign of coming on.  The story going round the terraces was that he didn’t train this week.

02/3/2019 9:26 PM  #5

Insideleft wrote:

Shocking game.  Wrong player took the penalty, with Smile the designated taker being overruled by Jarvis.  When that happens you really need to score.
Compton stuck to the bench with no sign of coming on.  The story going round the terraces was that he didn’t train this week.

Interesting result great opportunity missed, spoke with Jack after the game he was disappointed he didn’t play,regarding training heard he never misses a session so not sure if insideleft is right.

02/3/2019 11:24 PM  #6

Didn’t say it was right, just the story going round.  👍

03/3/2019 1:14 AM  #7

Doesn’t deserve to start end of.

03/3/2019 11:32 AM  #8

Well there goes me opening me big mouth and predicting 3 points, won't bother again as you don't know which Chippenham Town is going to turn up. We didn't play to the conditions and appeared to have been unable to break down what was a poor Oxford side whereas when we play propper footballing sides we raise our game and look twice the side we did on Saturday. Mark must be pulling his hair out at the way we played and especially when Jarvis took the penalty( I can understand his reasons trying to go for the golden boot) but if this was against Mark's wishes as Smiles chosen penalty taker then Jarvis should be disciplined. If we had scored then it could have been a different result. Finally the ref was poor and didn't deal with the Oxford players holding, fouling and their goalie punching Jarvis in the back during one of our corners. Woking next week lets raise our game to their level and put Oxford behind us.

03/3/2019 11:36 AM  #9

Why Jack was left on the bench, does not make sense, he has played well last two games, and could have changed the game.  Poor display against Oxford who were the better team.  Agree why do we surround the keeper at corners, pointless just like the result today.

03/3/2019 12:09 PM  #10

I changed my viewing position yesterday and watched from dug out side, the pitch over there is shocking so I have sympathy for any team on that surface, really don't think we will see many good games from now till end of season.

Board footera