BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

03/11/2018 9:28 AM  #1

V Woking Home Today.

A very very tough game today.   Woking look a very strong side. They sit just off the top of the league. There a big club and will be expecting to go straight back to the National League after being relegated last season.
They will come to Hardenhuish fully expecting to beat us.  Hopefully a some of our injuries will have cleared and we can put out a side that will match them. Should be a good game.  It will be a really good game to win. It’s great to see Nuno back at the club. A very good player and a nice guy. Good luck Fellix.  Let’s hope we are smiling at 10 to 5.  Good luck Mark Horgs. And the lads.  😎

Last edited by Jono (03/11/2018 1:41 PM)

03/11/2018 9:39 AM  #2

Re: V Woking Home Today.

With so many injuries it's not a game I think we can win unfortunately. Presume the loan players will start today.

03/11/2018 11:36 AM  #3

Even though 3rd in the table, their form over the past 5 matches isn't as good as ours and only 5 pts ahead.
Does depend on what our team looks like, but we tend to surprise those that come expecting to win.

03/11/2018 12:32 PM  #4

Yes Woking are a big club at this level but they too have their fair share of injuries at present and seem to be relying on loanees like ourselves. They rebuilt from last season going part time from full time. Hopefully they will have one eye on their cup game next week at Torquay.

But we shouldn't worry about any opposition coming to HP. Our squad and management have done us proud so far and whatever our team is today I'm sure we will give them a game! COYB  

03/11/2018 12:41 PM  #5

That's very true Chip54. That's why we love this team of ours. They often surprise.  Good point about the cup game.  I know which of the 2 games they'd rather win.  Cum on you Bluebirds.  😎

03/11/2018 6:59 PM  #6

Got to say. Proud of the team tonight. The best team I have seen this season. I'll be surprised if they don't win it. So close.  We had our customery sending off. A very strong side.

03/11/2018 7:41 PM  #7

The team as a unit. Played really well today. Until the penalty which let them back into the game we were very solid. Didn’t see to much of the penalty as right up the other end. I’d be interested to know what others who were closer thought plus Gunners sending off.    They were a very good side pacey and skillfull. There large vocal support really seamed to help the team, as there fans sensed they could get a draw at least. Not to down tonight as I would have definitely take a draw before the game.  I thought Nuno slotted in very well. But still think we miss Evans.  Especially when the going gets tough like the last 15 today.  But we’ll done Mark, Horgs and the lads.   Only a point behind 7 placed Torquay.   All to playfore 😎

03/11/2018 8:30 PM  #8

Great effort by all. Happy to be a Bluebird tonight.

03/11/2018 9:10 PM  #9

A very entertaining game. Almost feels like a defeat having been 2-0 up but the longer the game went on the better Woking got. I was pleased to hear the final whistle and a draw is a good result against such opposition. A good crowd as well. Just remembered we play again Monday night - hope there's no more injuries!

04/11/2018 10:44 AM  #10

Just thinking how far Chippenham have come in two years. Playing a team like Woking and being dissapointed to draw! When I was walking away with the Woking supporters I got the impression that Chippenham are a team who are beginning to be taken seriously!
Two grumbles -

1. Can Chippenham finish a game with 10 players?
2. If they are to progress they need a new pitch! I went to Swindon SM so I know it's possible at this level!

Keep up the good work...

Board footera