BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/11/2018 9:30 AM  #1

Dressing Rooms : New FA regulations

Anybody read this article on the BBC Football website:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46047599?

As it only applies to clubs in Steps 3 and 4 in the Non-League pyramid it won’t affect us. You’ve got to feel for clubs such as Frome and Larkhall who could find themselves back in the Western League. Even though they have had more than 4 years to get it sorted, I do think it a bit harsh on such clubs seeing as that every club at that level is run by volunteers, as we know only too well.

Last edited by Yorkie (01/11/2018 9:32 AM)

01/11/2018 10:13 AM  #2

Re: Dressing Rooms : New FA regulations

It's the same old problem Yorkie, that Clubs at Steps 3 and 4 were notified way back in 2014 that this work need doing, and those who have not completed the work thought it had all been forgotten, and the issue would go away. But of course the FA never forget, and those clubs that have not started improvements are now bricking it. I was talking to Tony Godwin, our Kit Manager at CTFC recently on this very issue, and he often mentions that some of the facilities at National South leave a lot to be desired in terms of size.

01/11/2018 12:47 PM  #3

toyboy wrote:

It's the same old problem Yorkie, that Clubs at Steps 3 and 4 were notified way back in 2014 that this work need doing, and those who have not completed the work thought it had all been forgotten, and the issue would go away. But of course the FA never forget, and those clubs that have not started improvements are now bricking it. I was talking to Tony Godwin, our Kit Manager at CTFC recently on this very issue, and he often mentions that some of the facilities at National South leave a lot to be desired in terms of size.

Interesting points, toyboy. While we're on the subject, anybody know the size of CTFC's changing rooms? Clubs wishing  to enter the Football League, have to have changing rooms 30 square metres in size. Just wondering!

01/11/2018 12:59 PM  #4

Where are we with our ground improvements? I understood some time ago that we had to increase our seating capacity and that the plan was to put in seats at the Cricket Ground end. We're obviously into our second season at this level and I've not heard anything for a while. Does anyone know?

01/11/2018 1:11 PM  #5

I would estimate the home dressing room is approx. 25ft x 15ft, which includes the communal shower. The toilet and physio room would be in addition to those measurements. The away dressing room is marginally smaller, but not by much. I actually helped build them all those years ago, when the Clubhouse became an integral part of the main stand. Took a guy called Ken Brewer, my Father and myself the whole of the close season - cant remember the year though - probably 1982-3 season.

Board footera