BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/10/2018 8:23 PM  #1

The FA cup. v Maidenhead. This Saturday.

The big FA cup game will soon be with us.The FA cup is special for me.   I’m really hoping we can pull off the a win. Maidenheads away form isn’t great, They have lost 3 of there last 4 away matches. Although they play in the much higher standard of the the National League. I don’t reckon  they’ll be relishing playing a fired up Bluebirds side. It’s a game we can win, but we will need to be at our very best and bring our A game with us on Saturday. Hopefully a lot of the injured sick and missing players will be back. I think were going to need them. McCootie and McDonald should both be ok now as both were sick.  Guthrie’s ban is finished. Compton should be Ok. Fergie must be now ready to contribute again. Evans could be back.   I’m hoping Mark and Horgs will have a big squad to pick from and have a real selection problems. It’s a massive game for the club with a lot of money at stake and a chance of drawing one of the big boys for the winners. The weather is due to be mild and sunny on Saturday so hopefully the Chippenham  people will come out and get behind the lads. I know the lads will be fired right up for this one.  We need to start at a fast pace and put some pressure on them from the start.  This is a game I’ve lookied forward to since we turned Hendon over, and it can’t come quick enough for me. Let’s put the smiles back on the Chippenham fans faces at 10 to 5 on Saturday.  Good luck Mark, Horgs and the lads 😎

Last edited by Jono (18/10/2018 9:08 PM)

19/10/2018 10:35 AM  #2

Re: The FA cup. v Maidenhead. This Saturday.

Agreed - time for the squad to really show what it can do. 

19/10/2018 11:03 AM  #3

newfan wrote:

Agreed - time for the squad to really show what it can do. 

Haven't they already then ?

19/10/2018 12:50 PM  #4

Looking forward to tomorrows game. I hope we have players returning to make for a selection headache. Whatever happens I am confident we will give it a go from kickoff, and I don't think Maidenhead will be looking forward to coming here. I wouldn't want to predict a score-line but the attendance will be 942! 

19/10/2018 2:24 PM  #5

575 Attendance

19/10/2018 2:34 PM  #6

782 attendance - more importantly, what an opportunity.. Come on Chip!

19/10/2018 2:41 PM  #7

I’ll say 860. And 25.000 in the bank.  😎

19/10/2018 8:42 PM  #8

Hopefully a big crowd in tommorow.  I believe we can come through this game and be in the draw with the Division 1-2 sides.  Sunderland away would be a real money spinner, and almost certainly a live TV game with the 100 of Thousands that would bring. But that's me just dreaming.  But like jono I love the FA Cup.  Good luck tommorow. Let's get this job done.

20/10/2018 9:07 AM  #9

Good luck to the boys today, unfortunately I will be in London so will follow on twitter. Any kind of win will do just lets get into the first round proper.

20/10/2018 12:17 PM  #10

Would expect at least 700+ especially with the good weather.

Game prediction 2-1 and a nice northern draw in the first round as in the Lake District that weekend 🤣

Board footera