BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

18/9/2012 11:22 PM  #1

Chippenham Town. 1. Bashley. 0

We won ugly tonight,not the greatest game infact quite poor, a screamer late on from substitute Dean Griffith won the game,a top quality goal from a player I think will be a real star for us before long. We were surprised to see Nathan starting tonight but he did a good job.I hear a big  quality  centre back is on the way to the club very soon.Roll on Bishop Cleeve in the F A cup Saturday we need to win and put the £4500 in the bank.Well done boys, 

19/9/2012 8:35 AM  #2

Re: Chippenham Town. 1. Bashley. 0

Until the strike by Dean Griffiths, it was a strange game, just like a training pre season run out. First foul was not until after 30 minutes, and I do not think there was a booking either.

Lack of atmosphere from another small crowd, does not help the players. Hope the crowd soon come back.

Not a good idea Rudgie playing again, but the defence was quite good tonight.

19/9/2012 8:47 AM  #3

Couldn't get there last night but delighted to hear we got the win - and a clean sheet!  240+ is a decent gate for a mid-week game these days, especially with Real Madrid/City on the box.

19/9/2012 12:07 PM  #4

fantastic goal by Griffiths showing great skill and ability. unfortunately from what i have seen of him thus far I believe that he is not likely to do this on a regular basis. Hopefully i am wrong and will eventually post on here to that effect.
Harvey deserved his man of the match award and was everywhere as well as showing how well he can pass. Thought it was a mistake to take him off on Saturday and he showed great fitness right to the end in a fast and furious encounter with the "Bash"

19/9/2012 1:15 PM  #5

Great strike by dean and I disagree with the comment Rudgie shouldn't play . His experience last night showed and I can only remember Thompson making 1 save from free kick . First clean sheet of season and created chances again . 3 points and another big game Saturday . Oh and one big positive for me was Tyrone Mings proformance , he was my mom . Anyway see as many chip fans saturday in fa cup at bishops cleeve .

20/9/2012 12:47 PM  #6

Not a great game of fottball to watch and we should be beating teams like this.  Would agree that Rudgie showed real leadership by example in his playing and we had a clean sheet for a change. Tyrone looks like a real asset I hope he stays with us and stays good for us.

As a reality check Stourbridge beat Banbury 8-1 on the same night, yet we only managed to lose 0-1 in the last bit of the game

Board footera