BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/9/2018 8:39 PM  #1

Supermarine. In the FA Cup. This Saturday. And Monday’s Draw.

The famous  FA cup has rolled round for us again, It's a game I've looked forward to since the draw was made. Marine play in the newly formed Southern Premier South.  And have struggled to string results together so far this season. They sit near the bottom of the table with just one win and two draws from there six games. It won't be easy as it will be there cup final. They will want to give it all they've got and upset the form book.   But we are a very good side these days with an exellent squad of players. And if we play to our strengths we will have to much for them. The £9000 cheque will also come in nicely for the club. Could this be our year for a run in the FA cup. It  would be great for the teams confidence and the supporters would get a real boost.  Good luck Mark,Horgs and the lads. Let's keep the smiles on the Chippenham fans faces leaving the ground at 10 to 5 on Saturday afternoon. 😎

Last edited by Jono (24/9/2018 4:37 PM)

20/9/2018 10:46 PM  #2

Re: Supermarine. In the FA Cup. This Saturday. And Monday’s Draw.

We beat Yate 3-0 pre season.  Every team deserves respect. But if we start worrying about Marine we could end up causing our selves problems. 😎

21/9/2018 1:35 PM  #3

I agree. I think we’ll have a bit to much pace and power for a struggling Marine. As Jono says if we play any near our top level. We will be in Monday’s draw.

21/9/2018 3:49 PM  #4

No complacency please - they come as potential giant-killers with extra spice if able to beat their old manager's team.

21/9/2018 6:13 PM  #5

We really ought to be fine but then I recall Slimbridge, Paulton and Ashford (Middlesex) amongst others.

22/9/2018 8:13 AM  #6

Bluebirds2006 wrote:

We really ought to be fine but then I recall Slimbridge, Paulton and Ashford (Middlesex) amongst others.

Slimbridge and the fireworks

Ashfield (Middlesex) and the drum being removed by their over zealous stewards

What crowd we thinking? Weather will play a part so be under 450?

Looking forward to it

22/9/2018 9:26 AM  #7

Hopefully a few more than 450. But as you say Cooky the weather may put off a few of the fair weather fans. Depends how many Marine bring. I don’t think it will be that many.  I’ll say 550. With about 50 from Marine. And a 4-1 win for the Bluebirds. 😎

22/9/2018 12:28 PM  #8

425 and a 3-0 win is my guess but it's a funny old game so anything could happen. 

22/9/2018 6:14 PM  #9

We don't do the FA cup do we. Shocking, lucky to be in Mondays draw. Could have been 3 0 down. Difficult to believe that this basically was the same team that has played so well in recent league games.

22/9/2018 6:45 PM  #10

Is this another case of got the game won before a ball is kicked ( Paulton Rovers)? Supermarine were up for it and only some superb work by House kept us in the game. When their keeper went off we should have shot on sight and put the sub keeper under pressure, instead it was us who were being pressurised, in fact they looked like the National league side not us.They say league form means nothing in the cup and that certainly showed today. Mark needs to get the boys up for the replay otherwise it will be Supermarine in the next round not us.

Board footera