BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/9/2018 8:22 AM  #1

Concord

Any team news ? Tindle Compton Sandell Ferguson maybe.

01/9/2018 11:26 AM  #2

Re: Concord

Who ever starts they'll have to be on top form as Concord will want to banish last weeks 5  nil thrashing. But after what we did to Billericay we are quite capable of getting the result.

01/9/2018 6:08 PM  #3

Don't know what was put in their half time tea but it worked. Looked like a different team after the beak, would have been nice if a forward got a goal but we looked very pedestrian up front and yes it's good to have goals from all over the team but scoring goals is what we pay strikers to do. Now lets do Torquay and break this win one lose one run.

01/9/2018 6:25 PM  #4

Another team coming to us who aren't quite as good as they think they are. Pretty even first half although poor defending to go 0-1 down at HT but to be fair Will Henry had already made one if not two outstanding saves. Important to equalise early after the break and then we were well on top for most of the second half. Great to have Jack back but felt sorry for Callum Gunner who still couldn't be let off the bench even at 4-1 up. Thought the ref had a pretty good game too for a change - but no assessor this week.

01/9/2018 6:34 PM  #5

Alright I'll name the player I was referring too, Nick McCootie, off the pace not putting in any effort and it just wasn't my opinion either. I know he went off injured but did he start not fully fit?

01/9/2018 6:42 PM  #6

Odd - I thought McCootie was great in the first half - really working hard for the team and showing a bit of pace that has perhaps been lacking (or maybe the Concord back four were just slow?). Surprising because it really It looked to me like he was carrying an injury after the warm-up (deep discussions with the physio when he went in to get ready) and when he went down in the second half it appeared that he had exacerbated that - asked to be subbed immediately but stayed on for the corner as a blocker.Agree he ran out of gas in the second half, but that's maybe why. He's lacking confidence and needs a couple of goals to get that, but suspect he will be out for a couple of weeks now.

01/9/2018 7:05 PM  #7

We were under the cosh for a while but what an improvement in the second half. As per the previous week not a poor performance by anyone. The team spirit is excellent and they are all working for each other. Hope Nick's injury is not serious. Agree that he needs a confidence boost. He is playing well but doesn't seem to want to go for the killer goal scoring opportunity. Once he gets on the score sheet hopefully he will be fine

01/9/2018 7:20 PM  #8

At half time couldn't see us scoring, why does it seem to take 45 minutes to get going, nice feeling leaving the ground after putting in 4 goals.

The problem coming is regarding the keeper, also for mark to have a fully fit squad to pick from, so many key players out.

01/9/2018 7:55 PM  #9

Pretty poor first half. We were lucky to go in only 1 down.  But for Two fantastic saves by Henery, the game could have been all over for us. The second half it was like someone put the light on. Going down the slope we dominated the game and once we got the first it was only going to be a matter of time until we got the second. But still glad to see the Third go in. And Jarvis deserved his goal and our Fourth. He doesn't stop running.  Great to see Compton back a very very good player. But my MOTM was Matt Smith. Totally dominated his marker in the second half and put in a fantastic 45 minutes.  Seems if we kick up first half lately we usually win the game. Well done Mark and Horgs.  What ever was said at HT. It certainly worked. Great fight back ladds. We'll played. 😎

01/9/2018 8:03 PM  #10

McCootie has a hamstring injury.

Board footera