BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

30/8/2018 10:20 AM  #1

Administration of this Forum - PLEASE READ

I have felt the need to write this following the recent "heated" debate concerning the chanting at Hardenhuish Park.

This forum is here for you to express your views and create debate, it is not however here for you to abuse other users. I would expect respect to be shown to what are "your fellow fans".

I will NOT delete any posts with the exception of SPAM. I would hope that you are all adult enough to self govern and think before you post. Remember what you post will reflect on you and will no doubt effect others. 

An open question to you all, would you like the recent comments contained in the Biericay subject post removed and a new "Chanting issue" subject post created so that you can will wipe the slate clean, post you comments in an adult way and show respect to others? ITS YOUR DECISION

If the current abuse continues the plug WILL be pulled on this forum! 

30/8/2018 12:12 PM  #2

Re: Administration of this Forum - PLEASE READ

I would suggest wiping the comments from the point you feel it crossed the line. There is no point creating a new subject on the chanting issue as it is no longer up for debate. 

30/8/2018 2:44 PM  #3

Can you read? Specifically states will NOT be wiping comments. Believe this means it's time to squeal on the administrator for allowing free speech!!

30/8/2018 4:00 PM  #4

It would appear that my request for people to act like grown up`s and respect each other has fallen on deaf ears. 

Admin believes in freedom of speech but what has recently been posted has gone well below what is acceptable.

I am going to wait to make a decision on the value of this forum within the next 72hrs. Even though I only delete SPAM messages and do not delete posts or other subjects this does not mean that I don't feel a level of responsibility. I was hoping that my request and question would have been taken the right spirit and it would actually lead to adult debate and not School playground antics.

Anyone wanting to speak to admin can send a private message to me and I will respond.

The original statement from Chippenham Town FC requested fans to support their club and not use bad language at games, the comments being posted are in no way "supporting" and are frankly embarrassing in there content and attitude.

For what its worth I totally agree with the Club Statement concerning the language and some of the chants. Since when has shouting "You`ve got Aids" when an opposition keeper takes a goal kick funny? Why is "he`s the (team) Number one and he takes it up the Bum" acceptable? that two examples of the type of chant that I personally feel has no acceptability. We are no longer living in the 1970`s after all.

Respond to my chants comments however you see fit and fell free to private message. I fear you will make my ultimate decision concerning this forum easier.....go on surprise me by actually debating and not attacking. END     

Last edited by Admin (30/8/2018 4:04 PM)

30/8/2018 4:03 PM  #5

Well said that man.

30/8/2018 4:20 PM  #6

I wasn't going to get involved in this thread but I now feel it's time to have my say. All of you, just look what you have written and then look at what effect this has on the club you say you love and support. Front page headline in the G&H, not about the team but about the supporters. This forum is supposed to be here to discuss football related matters not as a vehicle for people to slag each other off. This whole business is just bringing the forum and the club into disrepute. So please administrator let the forum continue and move on.
While all this has been going on nobody has noticed that we could have a goal keeper crisis as Swindon's first choice has been called up for international duty and Will Henry could be called back.And in case it slipped your minds we also have a big game on Saturday .

30/8/2018 5:02 PM  #7

I feel that those two are a couple of the milder chants in fairness Mr Admin. Such a well constructed post and delivered with such poise I would be remiss if I didn't ask if you had any suggestions for non offensive chant towards away teams to try and make HP a more intimidating prospect, to utilise "home advantage" if you will. Hobgoblin (to use your secret agent name) I don't think the fact this has made the website is any surprise, the local rag.... A pure cry to appeal to the wantaways and the so called "fans" that stay away citing these antics as a reason. A mere publicity stunt by the board to make Chippenham Town front page news as opposed to chip wrapper down Langleys. What a shame it wasn't for the right reasons. Like bringing Jake Andrews back to play on the left as opposed to him surfacing at Torquay in time for our fixture in a week or so. Ridiculous by the club really first to make us a laughing stock by all but eradicating vocal support but to make this public knowledge well we are all entitled to opinion. Do we not think this has got a teensy bit out of hand? Have to say yes... but at who's fault. Answers on a postcard for that one.

Last edited by TheVoice (30/8/2018 5:03 PM)

30/8/2018 6:24 PM  #8

Many thanks to " The Voice" for the response.

Like you say the chants I brought up are some of the milder ones which contain no swear words. One is about having a potentially killer desease and the other is I am sure implying the keeper is Gay. Why would either of these be funny in the world that we live in? I am not being politically correct it's just both of these attitudes have no place on our society.  I have heard many a comment and seen many a head shake when these chants are sung.

Remember the old days that us older fans all talk about where 40 to 50 people used to all sing "hey jude", "I can't read and I can't write" etc...none of these contain swear words or are offensive and they created the atmosphere that we all crave at Hardenhuish.

I will not comment about the reasons for the statement from the club. This would be best be dealt with by the choir speaking to chairman and directors of the club.

30/8/2018 11:00 PM  #9

Thank you Admin for running this site. Hopefully you'll keep the board going as a beacon of free speech. Naturally, outright threats or anything which might be construed as a threat, have no place here.

My personal preference would be for you to divorce the chanting debate from the Billericay thread. Not so the debate can continue, but because the match and the debate are two entirely different subjects. Two separate threads would be much better.

If the club did contact the G&H with the story, then it was a massive own goal. It's a publicity nightmare, which could have been handled in a much better way. 

I think I'm done on the subject now.

31/8/2018 3:59 PM  #10

You want a non-league club and its fans to make the news? This is how to do it...
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/aug/31/no-pasaran-clapton-cfc-anti-fascist-football-kit-proves-hit-in-spain
"“We have always been known as fans who do not accept racism, sexism and homophobia, so it made total sense. We didn’t expect our tiny club to be noticed by Spanish football fans but we’re delighted nonetheless.”

Board footera