BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

04/8/2018 3:33 PM  #1

Hemel Hempstead Away

After 4 mins losing 1-0 COYB
After 40 mins chip winning 2-1 both goals scored by Karnel Chambers.
HT 2-2 COYB

Last edited by inthebox (04/8/2018 3:50 PM)

04/8/2018 4:58 PM  #2

Re: Hemel Hempstead Away

Looks like defensive blunders!

05/8/2018 10:57 AM  #3

Did any one go to the game, just watched the highlights and goals on the National South. Looks like back four were poor.  Watching the pre season games, the best pairing at centre back were McDonald and Will Richards, Tinds looks short of pace. Any thoughts by those that went to the game. It is very quiet on this forum.

06/8/2018 7:08 AM  #4

Yes I went to the game on Saturday, along with probably 30/40 other Bluebird fans, and the score certainly does not reflect how well the team played. You have to remember that Hemel just lost out in the play-off's last season, and like ourselves have recruited heavily during the close-season. Agreed two basic defensive blunders caught us out, but overall the team looks a lot more lively, particularly with Chambers and Jarvis causing all sorts of problems all afternoon for Hemel. In my view I thought we matched Hemel man for man, and as we found out last season the slightest of errors is capitalised on ay this level, and that is what happened Saturday. No Sandell in Saturday's squad, which must be a worry moving forward, as we missed his experience in drawing defenders out. 42 games to go guys, and all the play for - roll on Tuesday v's Slough Town - COYMB

06/8/2018 12:14 PM  #5

Thanks Toyboy. Similar story from others who travelled on Saturday. Andy Sandell not fit I am told, age maybe .

Board footera