BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/4/2018 11:05 AM  #1

Wealdstone Away. Tomorrow.

I’m looking forward to the trip to Wealdstone. And to see Dave Pratt and some of his family.  Prattie hasn’t scored the goals either he or Wealdstone would have hoped for. But he seems to have stayed in the team so obviously played ok. I think Wealdstone have really payed  the price with there Trophy run going so close to the Wembley final that they wanted so much.  It has cost them there chance of a play off place. They are a big club and would really be looking to push for the National League. But even with there budget it hasn’t happened for them. It will be interesting to see if Dave is there next year.  I’m not sure how long his contract is but I would love to see him back at Chippenham next seasons. An excellent player who gives everything  he’s got in every game. It will also be interesting how are defenders handle him. Great news that Neil, John and the Board have given Mark, Horgs and Jason a new 2 year deal. We are a club moving forward.  Good luck tomorrow to Mark,Horgs, Jas and all the lads, Then bring on Welling and the Norwegian gang.  The last game should’ve be a Goodun. But let’s get something at Wealdstone tomorrow first  😎

Last edited by Jono (20/4/2018 11:08 AM)

20/4/2018 1:02 PM  #2

Re: Wealdstone Away. Tomorrow.

Can't be there tomorrow but emotionally I want a win at Wealdstone even more than the last home game. Our season went off the rails when Pratt was poached and it hasn't worked out for them or him either. I think you are right that they will be struggling to make up so many games in hand and their fitness might be an issue. I would hope Collier and the team will feel they have a point to prove

21/4/2018 8:17 AM  #3

I'm heading down to Wealdstone later with a work colleague who has never watched Chippenham before. I've told him how Wealdstone poached arguably our best player earlier in the season.  What I saw of Mr Pratt he looked a very fit sharp lad that could score or create a goal from nothing.  The package that Wealdstone were offering was apparently to good to refuse.  I'm very surprised he hasn't scored a hatfull of goals at a so called larger club.  But it doesn't always work out. It will be interesting how our players act towards him today.  And wether there will be any ill feeling. When Mr Pratt left the club, it left us very flat and low which seemed to last a while to get over.  It It should add a little extra spice to an end of season game.  It would be nice to keep our good form going, against what must be a very tired Wealdstone side.

Last edited by Newbie 2018 (21/4/2018 8:24 AM)

21/4/2018 3:13 PM  #4

Chip 2 up after 10 mins COYB

​HT Chipp 3-2 up Sands 2 and Mccootie 1, Evans sent off again right on half time 2 yellows.
With 15 mins to play Chipp now losing 4-3 Dave Pratt scored last 2 for Wealdstone and Fergie sent off after 2 yellow cards.  Wealdstone had a player sent off straight red just after half time..  Therefore it looks like discipline is going to cost us 3 points today. Fergie picked up 2 yellows after coming on as a sub!!!

Last edited by inthebox (21/4/2018 5:08 PM)

21/4/2018 4:35 PM  #5

Just how many red cards have we had this season?

21/4/2018 5:08 PM  #6

Finished 4-4 Sands getting a hat trick. In answer to Yorkie I believe it is 10 red cards in the league, must be looking at a club fine for that amount.

21/4/2018 5:19 PM  #7

inthebox wrote:

Finished 4-4 Sands getting a hat trick. In answer to Yorkie I believe it is 10 red cards in the league, must be looking at a club fine for that amount.

Cheers, inthebox. Surely we must have finished top of this league? 😀 . And, yes, a fine surely on the way.

21/4/2018 6:22 PM  #8

Frankly I'm not that fussed about the reds. Today's result is maybe even better than a win

22/4/2018 10:04 AM  #9

It appears I missed the match of the season, lets hope that we get a repeat performance ( less the sending offs) on Saturday to entertain our Viking visitors. Come on lads sign off the season in style.

22/4/2018 12:04 PM  #10

A cracking day out and a bonkers of a game, Sandell was on fire!

Board footera