BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/4/2018 10:58 AM  #1

V Oxford City Away Tomorrow.

Another 6 pointer where we can just about make our selves safe. As we make the short journey to Oxfords Marsh Lane ground where there new 3G pitch is now in use. A win would give us 47 points which should give us National League Football next season.  Oxford are a decent home side and will be tough to beat. But if our A team as has turned up in the last couple of games turns up we will come away with a result. The shape of the side was again spot on and protection for Jared was very impressive. As players in all areas backed each other up. Giving Thompson a comfortable afternoon. Sandell and Chambers complimented each other with Chambers pace and trickery just about making him my man of the match yesterday.  Team selection will be interesting again. Injury’s and knocks may change the side. But with confidence so high everyone who played yesterday will want to play tomorrow. Good Luck tomorrow to Mark, Horgs Jas and the Lads. Let’s get the job done. 😎

01/4/2018 3:57 PM  #2

Re: V Oxford City Away Tomorrow.

I believe they can do it... and I want them to do it so much.

​If I can clear family stuff i will be there

Last edited by newfan (01/4/2018 3:57 PM)

01/4/2018 4:50 PM  #3

Lets hope a decent number of fans make the short trip to roar them on. I'm looking forward to taking my place behind the goal. 

02/4/2018 4:57 PM  #4

We won 0-1 with a Jake Jackson goal. That is a great result!

02/4/2018 5:01 PM  #5

Great result. Said on Saturday we'd do well to get 3 points out of 6 with the teams being where they are in the table. Happy with 6 points out of 6.

02/4/2018 5:06 PM  #6

As George pointed out we are just under 4 wins off a playoff place now

Last edited by newfan (02/4/2018 5:07 PM)

02/4/2018 5:14 PM  #7

A great result. And some outstanding performances. Fair play to Mark. He kept faith with the whole squad. And we’ve come away with a great result and the 3 points. I thought Mc Donald was outstanding but once again the whole side has put in a great shift. Good to see a good lot of Chippenham fans there. And good support today. We have got the job done and will be playing National League next season. A big well done to Mark,Horgs, Jas and the lads. 😎

02/4/2018 6:47 PM  #8

A great result especially bearing in mind that there were five changes in the team from Saturday. Really pleased to see Jon Beedon's loyalty rewarded with a start. Judging by Mark's interview all replacements performed well. So credit is due to them as well as the regulars and management team.

02/4/2018 7:07 PM  #9

If only we could have found this form earlier we would have been in the hunt for a double promotion. I don't know what Mark's done but credit where it's due he appears to have found that winning touch. In February I posted that I thought it might be time for a change at the top, I was clearly wrong and offer him my apology for that, after all what do I know, apart from that hiccup we're not allowed to mention we have been awesome over the last month. By the way if you what to see the other side of football look at the Poole Town forum.

02/4/2018 7:37 PM  #10

A very good disciplined display.  Oxford like to pass it around on that surface but we defended magnificently.  Special mention to Beedon.  He started a bit nervously I thought, but he grew into the game and put in a great performance considering his lack of minutes.  Superb.

Board footera