BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/3/2018 10:38 AM  #1

V Weston & Concord. Home.

Two Huge home games coming up with the visit of Weston Super Mare this Saturday and Concord Rangers on Tuesday Evening.  Two Massive football matches that will probably define our season. Two wins would see us in a very good place. I would say we need to take a minimum of four points from the two games.   We have to start turning home draws in to wins. But that won't be easy because there are no bad teams in this league. Weston sit in mid table safety, there away form has not been so good lately, with only one win in the last four so I don't think they will arrive brimming with confidence. I know Mark, Horgs and Jas will have and lads gagging to get at them. Confidence is high with the squad after our Road win last Saturday and a really good run out in the Wilts Cup in midweek.  Team selection will be interesting with Dan Bowmans right back position up for grabs. On Tuesday evening Concords 150 mile plus trip should make it easier for us, and again a fast start is so important.   But one game at a time. It would be great to see a really good crowd in to Hardenhuish Park and cheer our boys to the 3 points when we need them most. Now is the time for our Senior players to come to the front and lead us to the win we so desperately need. Good luck Saturday to Mark, Horgs, Jas and the lads. Let's put some  smiles on Chippenham Fans  faces at 10 to 5 on Saturday. 😎

15/3/2018 3:35 PM  #2

Re: V Weston & Concord. Home.

Got to agree Jono. This league is so tight, both top and bottom.  But I also feel Four points is the minimum amount of points we require. But 6 would push us up the league. Most of the other sides have games in hand.  But we're all down there for a reason. I'll. Be there to cheer on the boys,  and let's hope all old and new fans come out to cheer the boys home on Saturday and Tuesday.  Cum on you Bluebirds.

17/3/2018 4:22 PM  #3

Great start. 2-0 Sands with the first   And Jones with the second. A real class. goal. We’re playing a back 3. Tinds, Richards and McDondald. So far very impressive. 😎

17/3/2018 6:39 PM  #4

I've been critical of Thompson in recent months; but today he did everything right. My MOTM!
What did the attack do second half? Nothing! Is it not too late to bring in a loan forward/player with league experience?
Must back this up with a with a win on Tuesday!
League table looks better tonight!

17/3/2018 6:48 PM  #5

Two well taken goals to give us a real platform, then a very solid professional performance from start to finish.  We were set up in such a way as to stop their threat.  They like to play from the back, and we were content to let them do that, but when they did get forward we snuffed them out by and large.  Thompson looked assured, and every man in front of him put in a performance.  Well done lads, great stuff.

17/3/2018 6:49 PM  #6

Terrific performance all round. A bit more clinical finishing and we would have been out of sight. How did their number 11 not see red for the forearm smash and dissent?!!

Last edited by newfan (17/3/2018 6:50 PM)

17/3/2018 6:59 PM  #7

Great team performance and a great result especially with the teams around us losing. Looking forward to 3 more points on Tuesday. Come on lads show the fans we belong in this league. MoM the whole team.

17/3/2018 7:42 PM  #8

Myself and Newbie really enjoyed the game today. We needed to win and we did. The back 3 or 5 in the second half were superb.  The shape of the team looked very good. Western  are a footballing side they passed the ball really we'll, it's easy to see why they are not strugling.  I though there no 3 and 4 were superb.  For me Mike Jones was head and shoulders above every one else. He's a very good footballer and my MOTM.    Tindle, Richards and McDonald looked really good together and bossed the Weson strikers.  As has been said Jarad again had a good game. He is a class act.  I also think the Ref Paul  Howard was superb.  A very fit guy right up with play right through the 90 + minutes. Look out for him in the football League.   All in all a top class performance and the 3 points we desperatly needed.  Confidence must be sky high for the visit of Concord on Tuesday night. Another 3 points on Tuesday and phase one of remaining in the National League will be achieved. Well done today Mark. Horgs Jas and the Lads.  Smiling happy faces leaving the ground. Bring on the Concord Tuesday evening.  😎 πŸ˜†πŸ‘¦πŸ˜Ά

Last edited by Newbie 2018 (17/3/2018 8:58 PM)

17/3/2018 9:11 PM  #9

A fantastic all round performance. Not much I can say that hasn't already been said before. I can't wait for Tuesday evening.

17/3/2018 10:31 PM  #10

Very solid performance with some good individual performances. MacDonald class.

Board footera