BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/2/2018 6:31 PM  #1

Beano has signed for

Poole Town have signed Beano on an initial month’s loan

Last edited by Charlie Bird (04/3/2018 6:41 PM)

03/3/2018 7:16 PM  #2

Re: Beano has signed for

This has passed me by and is a example of the apathy of Chippenham supporters. Why when James Constable goes on loan; does he go to any CS side but Chippenham Town?
His goals could well keep Poole up! Massive missed opportunity IMO!

03/3/2018 8:41 PM  #3

blackandamber wrote:

This has passed me by and is a example of the apathy of Chippenham supporters. Why when James Constable goes on loan; does he go to any CS side but Chippenham Town?

Don't worry about it blackandamber. You've probably been busy and that's why you missed it. No one thinks of you as being apathetic. 

​On a more serious note, ​I agree that he would have been a great signing. When loan deals spring up, you're bound to wonder why an ex-player hasn't come home. Perhaps someone in the know can shed some light on the reason(s) why.

03/3/2018 10:57 PM  #4

Dauntsey Boys wrote:

blackandamber wrote:

Don't worry about it blackandamber. You've probably been busy and that's why you missed it. No one thinks of you as being apathetic. 

​On a more serious note, ​I agree that he would have been a great signing. When loan deals spring up, you're bound to wonder why an ex-player hasn't come home. Perhaps someone in the know can shed some light on the reason(s) why.

Being a professional footballer, surely the reason is not too difficult to work out? The only one worth considering is money, money and more money!

04/3/2018 12:05 AM  #5

And why wouldn’t it be? Short career, you have to make as much as possible in a short space of time.  Beano probably lives on or near south coast too, so Poole is a good and convenient option I guess.

04/3/2018 2:02 PM  #6

Insideleft wrote:

And why wouldn’t it be? Short career, you have to make as much as possible in a short space of time.  Beano probably lives on or near south coast too, so Poole is a good and convenient option I guess.

I've got no problem at all with footballers moving for the money. Why don't they just admit it? Instead of coming up with such guff as:

# I spoke to the manager and and he sold me the ambitions of the club.

# I bought into the club's ethos.

# I'm looking forward to being part of a new project.

And when asked what his ambitions are, they invariably answer:"To play football matches and score as many goals as possible." Why don't they just admit that they signed on in order to earn as much as possible? What's wrong with that?

Give me strength! 🤦‍♂️

04/3/2018 2:12 PM  #7

Yorkie wrote:

Insideleft wrote:

I've got no problem at all with footballers moving for the money. Why don't they just admit it? Instead of coming up with such guff as:

# I spoke to the manager and and he sold me the ambitions of the club.

# I bought into the club's ethos.

# I'm looking forward to being part of a new project.

And when asked what his ambitions are, they invariably answer:"To play football matches and score as many goals as possible." Why don't they just admit that they signed on in order to earn as much as possible? What's wrong with that?

Give me strength! 🤦‍♂️

Yorkie, let me ask you this. If you went to a job interview that paid you more money and you got asked, why do you want to work for the company?

Would your answer honestly be purely focussed on the fact you will earn an extra couple of quid? Or would you make it about the opportunity the role brings?

04/3/2018 4:31 PM  #8

I understand that Beano is being paid £1000/week to play for a month at Poole do the maths. Would you want our club to risk £4K on the hope that his goals would make the difference. Team will turn it around you had to be there last week to witness that. We haven't had the breaks over the last few games, that will even itself out if we continue as we are.

04/3/2018 5:15 PM  #9

Speculated wage packet aside, surely having 8 strikers at the club already was the main reason we didn't go after him??

04/3/2018 5:21 PM  #10

8 ?

Board footera