BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

20/1/2018 2:07 PM  #1

Dartford

I'm hoping for a fighting performance like the last home game, win, lose or draw.

​Hopefully we don't sit so deep today, my finger nails were chewed to the knuckle last week

20/1/2018 6:23 PM  #2

Re: Dartford

Could have (and maybe should have) won this - we made them look ordinary.
​But... I will take 2-2 against the league leaders and with other teams around us losing this is a great result and everyone gave their all right to the end. Collier should be chuffed with that performance.

​If we can cut out the silly mistakes, we are definitely back in business in this league.

20/1/2018 7:25 PM  #3

Thoroughly enjoyable game with great credit due to both teams and the officials (one offside decision excepted) which in the end we could have won. No nasty tackles, cheating, time wasting nor whinging. Well done all concerned, great advert for the non league game.

20/1/2018 8:46 PM  #4

I think we can consider ourselves unlucky not to have taken all 3 points today. 

​Quite a good atmosphere too given the size of the crowd. As for the chants, it would be great if we could have some using the names of individual players, such as we used to have for Steve Tweddle, Dave Gilroy, Alan Griffin etc.

And before anyone says it, whilst I might not lead any chants, and even though I'm within touching distance of being 60 years old, I always join in from behind the goal.

20/1/2018 9:08 PM  #5

Bluebirds2006 wrote:

Thoroughly enjoyable game with great credit due to both teams and the officials (one offside decision excepted) which in the end we could have won. No nasty tackles, cheating, time wasting nor whinging. Well done all concerned, great advert for the non league game.

Blimey, excellent comments, Bluebirds2006. "No cheating, time wasting or whinging", eh? Not very often that one reads such a positive post about non-league football. It's what the game should be about.

Nice one!

20/1/2018 9:38 PM  #6

I made the mistake of going to see my other team Cambridge get smashed at FGR. Wish I'd gone to Hardenhuish Park!
Well done on another very creditable performance against a top side! A great platform to build on, but it's just two points in two games! Need to follow that with some wins (home & away).
What did McCootie play like? I feel that he will be a fans favourite!

21/1/2018 12:15 AM  #7

I drove over from Keynsham for the game today. Not sure why really, but glad I did. Never been before, but thoroughly enjoyed the game, the atmosphere, the bar and the ground. First half I thought Dartford looked a different class, if not particularly cutting edge. Second half Chippenham were superb, and deserved to win. Also the best (worst?) missed open goal ive ever seen live by your big lad in the first half!

Ill definitely be back, may even become a semi regular.

All the best,

Paul

21/1/2018 1:17 AM  #8

Very encouraging performance I thought, going toe to toe with the league leaders.  Great to see McCootie score after the glaring miss in the first half.  I thought he worked very hard throughout, as did everyone.  Proper game that.

21/1/2018 11:53 AM  #9

After conceding four at their place I bet they thought they would go away with all the points. Think again this is a different Chippenham team, this team worked their socks off and had belief that they could win. The work rate was tremendous every player out there deserved man of the match ( but saying that Evans was outstanding chasing everything and getting a goal). Thought we were unlucky not to win. I think given a couple more games the Front 3 will gel and Sandell's crosses will result in goals. Nice to hear that KeynshamChip enjoyed the game and will return, spread the word. 
Now lads go down to Poole's swamp and bring home all the points.
Question what have Whitehawk done ? if they keep up their current form they will be back in the mix with the rest of the relegation teams ( hopefully that doesn't include us). 

21/1/2018 3:51 PM  #10

Great game yesterday. Outstanding performances by our boys and well refereed.

Board footera