BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/1/2018 8:52 PM  #1

Braintree

Well it's been quiet on here since the new year so I thought I would break cover and start a thread about our up and coming games. First home to Braintree currently 3rd in the league, can our revamped team take anything from this? I think we can and at least get a point, maybe all three.
Tuesday we are away to fellow relegation candidates Poole Town, although they beat us in the home fixture we should be able to get our revenge and 3 points down there.
The big test will be in two weeks when we host the league leaders, how we play against them will show if we have what it takes to stay in this league. Pity we aren't matching our league position with that of the attendance league, currently 8th.
So  come on lads lets get back up to a " Boring " mid table position which we can build on next season.

12/1/2018 9:30 PM  #2

Re: Braintree

I would take mid table at this stage of the season.

12/1/2018 10:07 PM  #3

Starting tomorrow we really need to take something from this game. We've already beaten teams in this division, so we know we can get back on track. I think we will know more about ourselves come tomorrow. I know everyone involved in the club will keep trying right to the bitter end. We've really got to have the desire to stay in this league. Come on lads 'Your town needs you'!

12/1/2018 11:46 PM  #4

Im sure we have the desire but are we good enough.

13/1/2018 8:59 AM  #5

I fancy us to get a point at least. Hopefully they will come to us over confident and a bit complacent. With the Poole game postponed a few tired bodies will have had extra rest.

If I'm right then a result in the rescheduled Poole game seems more likely and things will start to look a bit more comfortable for us

13/1/2018 12:06 PM  #6

A very tough game. They beat us 0-2 at there place back in August but I didn’t think they were any near as good as Dartford. The table doesn’t lie so they are obviously a very good side who score a lot of goals. But on our day especially at home so are we. if we can start  fast and Mark can get our lads up and get the confidence back in to them, especially with the addition of Nick McCootie we can take something from this game. Good luck today to Mark,Jas, Horgs and the lads 😎

13/1/2018 6:37 PM  #7

Final score 1-1.  I thought a good performance against a good side,but I also think going down the slope second half we could have gone for it a little more than we did. But pretty pleased with the draw. And thought McCootie worked hard and did well considering his lack of football. Well done Mark and the lads. Now on to Poole. Who ain’t going to be as good as this lot. 😎

13/1/2018 8:06 PM  #8

Now that's better! Feel more optimistic about Chippenham staying up now:
Point from today:
1. Whats happened to Thompson, he was so much better earlier in the season?
2.Why can't Chippenham retain possesion?
3. McCootie is class and will bring us goals!
4. There is NO atmosphere at Hardenhuish park.
5. In a months time we'll say Pratt who?

Much improved!

13/1/2018 9:08 PM  #9

Start singing that belter of a song you thought up when we have played you before "come on chip-nam, come on chip-nam, come on chip-nam and so on and so on 

How did Jacko get on (i know he scored obviously 

14/1/2018 9:16 AM  #10

Maybe my memory is faulty but I thought it was a header back to Jared from Curtis playing at centre-half for the first time alongside Tindle which was underpowered and didn't reach Jared. Anyway an error that wasn't repeated as Curtis had a good game after that. I thought Bowman was excellent my MOTM. I'm still not happy with Guthrie even at fullback - we need someone else to take corners! Do we not practice these in training??

I thought the team set up well and if Collier is right and having had Braintree watched and picked the team and shape to suit then fair play to him. From my perspective we spent too much of the game too deep without possession and when we got the ball back often had no outlet. Very nervous that we were going to lose to a mistake or lucky ricochet with all the pressure they piled on.

I thought Fergie played with more freedom and confidence with 3 attackers ahead of him and Sandell seemed a different player with McCootie there to take on some of his workload.

Some odd substitutions but I guess managing fitness ready for Tues where I'd like to think we can get 3 pts. This will set us up for a tough game again vs Dartford who will know we are no pushovers after the result against Braintree.

Board footera