BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

29/12/2017 5:24 PM  #1

New Signing

We have signed striker Jake Jackson from Frome Town. 😎

29/12/2017 6:14 PM  #2

Re: New Signing

Was never to sure on Jackson when he joined but 1st player to hit over 20 goals for us last season for god knows how long must be 10 years or more and continued it this year.
Very frustrating at times as well and probably my biggest gripe with him is that he would rarely challenge for a ball in the air with the defenders. He does miss some simple chances and can often look disinterested but then puts away chances you would never expect him to.
Be interesting how he does for you guys being a level up for him though  and will certainly be a big void for us to fill now as well

29/12/2017 7:41 PM  #3

Lets hope that he's better than the last striker we signed from Frome.

29/12/2017 7:46 PM  #4

Thanks Fromie.  I’m sure he will play a part in Tuesday home game with Hungerford, so we will be able to make our own minds up. Hopefully he can hit it off with Sands who desperately needs a partner to share the load. He is a proven goal scorer and hopefully that will continue for us at a higher level than he has been used to.  Welcome to Chippenham Jake and Good luck. 😎

29/12/2017 7:54 PM  #5

Good signing always did well against us I remember.

30/12/2017 3:18 PM  #6

Jono wrote:

Thanks Fromie. I’m sure he will play a part in Tuesday home game with Hungerford, so we will be able to make our own minds up. Hopefully he can hit it off with Sands who desperately needs a partner to share the load. He is a proven goal scorer and hopefully that will continue for us at a higher level than he has been used to. Welcome to Chippenham Jake and Good luck. 😎

I though the game was on Monday 01 Jan 2018.

30/12/2017 3:30 PM  #7

A slip of the pen inthebox. Your absolutely right. It is as you say Monday the 1 of January.  3 PM.   ðŸ˜Ž

30/12/2017 5:38 PM  #8

I see you’re in for another striker as well, how many players have you signed this year so far?

Board footera