BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

22/12/2017 10:02 AM  #1

V Bath City. Tomorrow.

It's a game I've looked forward to for a while. A proper local derby.  Jerry Gill the new Bath boss has re shaped there side and made them in to a solid hard to beat unit. They are unbeaten in there last five.  They sit 12 in the table two places and four points above us. I don't think it will be like our visit to Twerton Park earlier in the season where we ran them ragged and totally out classed them.  Us losing Prattie will have also given them a lift, as in the last game there back four couldn't handle Sandell and Pratt. Though we have been very poor away from home our home form has stayed very good so hopefully we can put on another good show and take the 3 points.  Mark and Toms search for  Pratties replacement goes on, one name I have heard is a player I have always liked and he lives in this area which is always good, but we will have to wait and see.  Team selection is going to be very interesting tomorrow, Will Richards up front has been talked about, such a good player he could play anywhere.  His first touch is very good and he certainly knows where the goal is. Thompsons will  be back in goal and Tindle will be back which will make a huge difference as we have struggled with out our leader. The double over Bath City what a great start.to Christmas that would be. And hopefully a crowd of 1000 plus in to make a proper match atmospher. Good luck tomorrow to Mark,Tom,Horgs, Jas and the lads. 😎

22/12/2017 10:18 AM  #2

Re: V Bath City. Tomorrow.

I walked up to Hardenhuish last night and team were training, No Tindle there, manager in deep conversation with coaching staff. Looks like Guthrie and Sandell up front.

22/12/2017 10:38 AM  #3

Well done blueboo. Let everyone know. Post what our set piece tactics were last night while youre at it

Last edited by stratford (22/12/2017 11:01 AM)

22/12/2017 10:48 AM  #4

50 pence !

22/12/2017 11:03 AM  #5

But we don't train at Hardenhuish ! My understanding was we train at Stanley Park to protect the pitch - Happy to be proven wrong.

22/12/2017 11:35 AM  #6

Proven wrong you are then Toyboy.

23/12/2017 11:04 AM  #7

Considering that it's the big one it's very quiet on here. There should be a big crowd and great atmosphere at the park today let's hope that our performance matches the occasion . We need the same sort of performance as we gave at Twerton. I know we don't have Pratt but I sure someone will step up to the plate and become our new hero. Come on lads lets make the Town proud. " We're Chippenham old boys and we sing when we want."

23/12/2017 2:08 PM  #8

Its going to be a tough game as Bath will be out for revenge for the lesson we gave them. Obviously I'd like 3 points for the Bluebirds, but a draw or even a close loss will satisfy me under the circumstances - just so we have an aggregate win over the two games. Most important for the club is a good performance and an entertaining game - if some of the mildly interested that turn up to support their home town enjoy it, then this may help boost subsequent gates for the rest of the season

23/12/2017 8:29 PM  #9

That was so poor today. This was a game a lot of Chippenham fans had looked forward to for a while. The shape of the side looked all wrong. It was set up almost like a Christmas tree with Sandell up front on his own. And as hard as he worked he could get nothing from there back 3. Who probably had there most comfortable afternoon of there time together.  Admittedly Bath are much improved on the side we beat 5-2 earlier in the season. But they didn’t look great.  I hate to criticise my team. But today was so disappointing. We just weren't at the races. We need a quality striker to play along side Sands quickly. But I know there not easy to find at this stage of the season.I have to say the ref today was really poor, the penalty that almost put the game out of our reach looked a good tackle.  A shocking decision.  Anyway a couple of decent result against Hungerford and we’ll all feel differently. But we will have to improve massively on today to achieve that.  A great crowd at the Park today. It was even more disappointing to play so poorly and not send the first time fans home happy and impressed   The look on Neil Blackmore’s face after the game said it all. Things can only get better. Happy Xmas everyone   ðŸ˜Ž

Last edited by Jono (23/12/2017 11:06 PM)

24/12/2017 10:47 AM  #10

Highlight was the Bath fan's singing - so much better than ours. Especially the "Oh Jeremy Corbyn" - don't know if Ken Loach was in the crowd, but he would have been chuffed with that

Board footera