BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/12/2017 11:50 AM  #1

Chippenham v Whitehawk

A huge game for the club after last weeks disaster at Whitehawk.  Any one who was at Whitehawk last week will tell you they weren’t a great side. A look at the league table will tell you that. Although to be fair to them after we batterd them for the first Fourty minutes and a combination of poor final balls and poor finishing and some good defending and goalkeeping  and a bit of good fortune with two good penalty shouts waved away. Once they got there goal you could see every one of there players start to believe.  And once they got the second goal straight after half time there confidence was sky high, and they battled for every ball. We huffed and puffed but could not break them down more than once. It reminded me of a cold night at Cinderford a couple of years ago. A very very disappointing day.  I know Mark and Tom will have really worked the players this week and I reckon everyone in last weeks squad owes the supporters that traveled to Whitehawk a performance tomorrow.  I think Mark and Tom will get the reaction from the players we all want to see. Every one needs to really get behind the side tomorrow and I’m sure we will get the result.  Good luck to Mark,Tom,Horgs,Jas and the lads. 😎

Last edited by Jono (01/12/2017 2:04 PM)

02/12/2017 7:58 PM  #2

Re: Chippenham v Whitehawk

Well we really needed to win today. And we did. I thought we played pretty well and if we had of took half our chances it could have been 6-1 instead of 2-1. But as last week there defenders played pretty well and there goal keeper put in another good performance. I thought Bowman was outstanding today, and Smille also had a good one.  But overall a decent all round performance.  Well done Mark and Tom and the squad. And a good crowd of 488 on a miserable rainy, busy Christmas shopping day. 😎

03/12/2017 11:52 AM  #3

Echo what Jono writes, their keeper was outstanding and kept the score down. Did not think much of their defence, quite poor.  Strange their manager stood behind our goal whole game and was sending messages to their bench, odd set up.

03/12/2017 12:17 PM  #4

How didn't we score a hat full of goals ? On another day the shots would have gone in, I thought the second half shot from Matt Smith had it been a foot lower would have taken the net out. Great performance all round thought Bowman looked good playing in front of Horgs it gave him the freedom to come forward and put the ball into the box knowing that Horgs was there to cover should it be necessary. I would think Dave Pratt was black and blue the way their player roughed him up, so getting the second goal must have really pleased him.
As I have said before it's our home form that will keep us up if only we could repeat this away from the park.

PS nice to see the response our fans gave to their keepers last minute goal.

03/12/2017 1:13 PM  #5

We were clearly the better side from the off but it had the feeling of one of those days when it just wouldn't happen for us.  Having said that we didn't panic and kept playing football - in days gone by it would have been a hoof ball up to Griff in the hope something would happen.  Thoroughly deserved the win.  Well done lads.

04/12/2017 5:08 PM  #6

For me Horgan, Guthrie and Bowman were excellent. Guthrie didn't waste a corner and we nearly netted from 2.

Board footera