BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

06/10/2017 9:59 AM  #1

Welling United

Ah after what seems like a lifetime it's a welcome return to National League South for the mighty Chippenham as we visit 11th placed Welling United. We sit just below Welling currently holding down the 12th position with 15 points so far. With a win we would leap frog Welling and go into 11th on the cusp of the playoffs in terms of points, however as I believe will become a common feature in this division a defeat could leave us as low as 17th results permitting. Still plenty to shout about the 2 weeks rest will have provided Mark and Tom with plenty of thinking time and the lads with some very welcome rest. Good things happening on and off the pitch of course with the go ahead from the council to extend our parking facilities and take another step in building as a club. On the pitch a new face in Tom Ouldridge to hopefully boost our squad once more. So let's get behind the boys and cheer them on to what I feel could well be a decent away win, 3 more points and carry on up the league! 

06/10/2017 12:02 PM  #2

Re: Welling United

An excellent summary of tomorrow's game Voice, and yes I fancy our chances down at Welling. I think the reason why this league is as close as it is at the moment, is because all teams seem capable of pulling off a shock victory against one of the more fancied teams. Take our 5-1 success against Hemel. Nobody saw that one coming. With Sands still suspended, I guess the Manager will start with Pratty and Scott up front, with the new guy Tom Ouldridge playing a part as and when needed. I think the game will be close, but fancy us the sneak a cheeky 1-0 win.  COYMB

06/10/2017 3:32 PM  #3

I remember well the 4-0 victory against them in the Dr martens prem... Last home game of the season, they had the goalie sent off late on and Wayne Thorne scored in the top corner against whichever poor outfield player got handed the gloves. It was announced at that game that Nobby was going to Corsham and all started to unravel after that...

06/10/2017 8:25 PM  #4

This looks a very tough game. Wellings recent form has been very good. They have won there last 3 games and are unbeaten in there last 5. I'm looking forward to seeing new signing Josh Smiles.  A twenty year old midfielder who has a bit of pedigree about him. Looks a very good signing. We will have to be at our best tomorrow if we are to get a result, but confidence levels will be high after our last 5-1 win and the lads should .be fresh.   Good luck to Mark,Tom,Horgs and Jas and the lads.  Lets make the long trip a good one.  😎

Last edited by Jono (06/10/2017 9:21 PM)

07/10/2017 3:47 PM  #5

Sadly unable to make the trip today but being 2-0 down at HT is a little disappointing viewing from afar. Let's hope Mark lights a rocket under them at the half time chat and gets the boys out to take something from this contest! Come on you Blues!!

07/10/2017 4:14 PM  #6

I think conceding 2 in 4 mins so late in the first half will be a real disappointment to the lads, an early reponse 2nd half would berhe tonic. Sadly I suspect the afternoon might get tougher as we go looking for it.

07/10/2017 4:16 PM  #7

Yup...  make that 3-0.

07/10/2017 4:23 PM  #8

Not looking good! A goal is much needed here as I've got BTTS and everything else is looking strong!

07/10/2017 5:00 PM  #9

FT lost 4-0 ouch, mistakes galore according to the radio commentary.

10/10/2017 6:41 PM  #10

We lose 4 nil and the forum is silent, what's going on ?

Board footera