BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

01/9/2017 8:32 PM  #1

Eastbourne Borough v Chippenham Town.

A very long trip tommorow with an early start. Eastbourne sit just below us on the same points. They are unbeaten in there last five games. But have yet to pick up maximum points at home.  With two draws and a loss. I've heard they have a tidy ground with very good facilities, so should be a good day out.  Espesially if we can come away with the win. Take the draw maybe. It will be tough for the lads after that journey, but I am pretty confident we can get a result.  I wouldn't think there would be a huge amount of difference to the team that started against Oxford.  But it would be good to see Dean Evans fit and back in the squad. Good luck to Mark, Tom, Horgs and Jas 😎

Last edited by Jono (02/9/2017 7:03 AM)

02/9/2017 9:19 AM  #2

Re: Eastbourne Borough v Chippenham Town.

Echo your comments!

Nice to see a number of us travelling down on the coach! Hoping the bluebirds can secure the theee points to ease the pain of the journey 😊

02/9/2017 1:15 PM  #3

Yes, credit to those who travel today, proper supporters.

02/9/2017 3:10 PM  #4

Chip 1 up Dave Pratt COYB
​HT 2-2 Sandell COYB

Last edited by inthebox (02/9/2017 3:53 PM)

02/9/2017 3:56 PM  #5

2-2 and sands with a cracker!

Come on the bluebirds in the second half!

02/9/2017 5:01 PM  #6

Lost 4-2,  perhaps we will get a stable back 4, keep changing, is not good.  Hope this was the not reason for conceding 4 goals. Were Nuno Felix and Dan Bowman fit or just dropped. Strange tinkering if both were fit. Not at game therefore do not know.

02/9/2017 6:15 PM  #7

Did you not see Bowman at Weston ?

02/9/2017 9:20 PM  #8

Really hope we can find some way of playing the former National league/established CS sides away.
Seems we are getting blown away, especially second half. Hopefully we can pick up points against the lesser teams. I feel that town need to set up better to contain pressure; rather than get their noses ahead and then be unable to contain teams.
I sure these games will go
our way in time..
Bounce back Tuesday..

02/9/2017 10:27 PM  #9

Can't comment on today but we were very strong at the back last year, leaking goals this season maybe have to reign in our attacking threats. No panic no problem keep the faith Bjorn.

02/9/2017 11:36 PM  #10

Simply not good enough today. Lost battles all over the park, silly mistakes cost us big one step up the ladder. We get punished for our mistakes here. Back four looked weak today and unable to deal with the threat that sadly was caused multiple times by our own inadquacies. Mistakes happen but we've made 3/4 today and look what's happened. It can't always be down to the front 3 of Sandell, Pratt and Andrews to carry the load as it won't be enough. As eluded to earlier scoring goals ain't our problem. What is worrying is today a relatively decent but by no means exceptional Eastbourne completely ran us over second half by picking up the scraps and taking chances. If they can do it I fear for the next few games particularly Gloucester and Dartford. Fingers crossed Mark has an ace up the sleeve because today was a bit soul destroying for those who travelled a long way to watch a very poor Chippenham performance. Win your individual battles and the team battles don't seem so difficult. Heads up boys we go again Tuesday!

Board footera