BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

28/8/2017 8:52 AM  #1

Chippenham Town v Oxford City.

This is a game we could really do with taking maximum points.  After letting 2 goal leads slip in the last two games our confidence must be a little dented.  With four more points to our total our league position would look very healthy.   I thought we bossed 80 % of the game at Weston, it was only individual errors that let them back into the game late on. No Management  team can legislate for very good players making basic  mistakes. And we were punished badly when both errors unfortunately  led to there goals. We miss Dean Evans badly when he doesn't play, he has very quickly become a key member of the squad. We miss his energy and passion around the pitch and hopefully he will be back very soon.  The weather forcast is warm this afternoon, it would be nice to get a good crowd in to get behind the team.   
I'm sure Mark, Tom and the team will have the lads raring to go today and hopefully we will get the win we need.  The starting 11 will be interesting.   
Good luck to Mark, Tom, Horgs, jas and the lads.  😎

28/8/2017 9:57 AM  #2

Re: Chippenham Town v Oxford City.

MC did go on record saying he will freshen up so interested to see line up.

28/8/2017 1:20 PM  #3

Shame the league couldn't have given us an actual local derby for a sunny bank holiday Monday - could have got 2000+ if it was Bath!

28/8/2017 6:38 PM  #4

In terms of the season,  today's 3-2 win. could be a massive 3 points.  If we had lost we would be on the same points as the team third from bottom as it is we have 9 points and are just a point less than the last play off place. Fine margins I know but another defeat  or draw today after holdiding a two goal advantage again, I'm sure would have started to get inside the players heads. A decent performance on a hot sunny day with a fantastic save by Jared in the last few minutes to preserve the win. He is a real quality  keeper.   Some very good performances today as well. Pratt as hard working as ever. Tinds a rock at the back and Donnelley did well in midfield along with Guthrie. Sands is back to his old self and was outstanding.  I thought the hole squad did very well today against a good well organised hard working Oxford side. Who I though we're miles better than Weston Super Mare. Nice to see a lot of new faces in the ground, and smiles on people's faces as they left the ground, that's the first time I've seen that for a while at Hardenhuish. All in all a good day at the office   Well done Mark, Tom, Horgs, Jas and the lads.  A very good result and we saw the game out.  Once again a huge result for us.  😎

Last edited by Jono (28/8/2017 6:43 PM)

28/8/2017 7:13 PM  #5

Agree Jono, a massive result, though the referee did his best to let play continue long enough until they equalised, the clown.
I thought Oxford were decent and had Tindle and Richards at full stretch for the 90+ minutes.  A great effort from everyone in that heat! Well done lads!

28/8/2017 8:57 PM  #6

I was interested in team selection,good use of squad with Donnelly doing well and Smith and Andrews rested. My man of match Sandell close behind Guthrie.  Very solid start to Conference life.

29/8/2017 7:32 AM  #7

I think the above posts summed up yesterday's game perfectly. So far this season what has stood out more than anything is the speed and quality of the teams we have played. There is a massive gulf between SPL and National (South), with the main difference being that teams capitalize on individual errors, which was evident with the 4 goals we conceded over the week-end. One second lapse of concentration or a misplaced header or pass invariably results in a goal for the opposition. However a 4 point haul over the week-end is excellent, and we now side mid-table, which I would have taken at the start of the season. For the first month of the season we are obviously finding our feet at these level, which is understandable. In my opinion Jared has been outstanding for us, and I think that young gentleman has a fantastic career in front of him - what a keeper. COYMB

29/8/2017 11:09 AM  #8

What an entertaining game, few stand outs for me, front two as always, Guthrie and in particular Jared, some signing he was.

Agree with the majority of the comments above, especially about the gulf between SPL and National. I think it's absolutely key to maintain a good size squad with plenty of quality in depth as it'll be a brutal season with games coming thick and fast!

29/8/2017 11:50 AM  #9

Good performance. I thought the front 2. The 2 centre halfs and the keeper were outstanding. This league is stronger I agree but we have stepped up to it on a whole. Looking at the games so far the only one we havent deserved a win or something from the game has been Braintree away. I dont think an extra 4/5 points could be argued but we are where we are and its still a positive start. 2 tough long away trips coming up along with a midweek game vs Gloucester. Personally Id be delighted with 4 points from the 3 games. Anything more is a bonus. Not a bad crowd considering bank holiday weekend. Be nice to see 550+ midweek against Gloucester.

29/8/2017 12:08 PM  #10

Dave Pratt's run to create Sand's goal was worth the admission on it's own. "We're Chippenham old boys and we sing when we want."

Board footera