BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

24/8/2017 10:34 PM  #1

Weston Super Mare v Chippeham Town.

I'm looking forward to my visit to the Woodspring Stadium Weston on Saturday.  They have made a slow start to the season and sit in the bottom three. But are only one point worse off than us.   They have only scored four goals whilst conceding nine. There average attendances have been very similar to our own.  Hopefully Sands extra week with out a game has done him good and he will be game fit.  As has been said he is a huge presence for us, and when he doesn't play we really miss his know how and strength. We now have a very strong squad but there are three or four players that are nearly impossible to replace. Both clubs will be desperate for the points and it should be a good local derby with a decent support for the Bluebirds and we can create a good atmosphere.  Hopefully we can cum away with all three points to push us up the table.  Good luck to Mark, Tom ,Horgs and Jas. Let's roll into Town and roll out again with the win.   ðŸ˜Ž

25/8/2017 7:57 AM  #2

Re: Weston Super Mare v Chippeham Town.

An excellent pre-match summary as always Jono. Equally looking forward to the game with one of our local rivals as well. When I booked our seats at the Park match on Tuesday, the supporters coach was 3/4 full, so yes we should take good support tomorrow. I always love the banter on the coach, and it makes for a good atmosphere amongst the fans. To be honest, I will be disappointed if we don't get at least 4 points over the Bank Holiday games. Sands as you say is vital to the cause, and I'm sure the Manager was mind-full of these 2 games when he took Sands off after about an hour or so last Saturday. I wonder if he has Scott Donnelly in mind for the week-end as he played the whole 90 minutes for Park on Tuesday. COYMB.

27/8/2017 11:14 AM  #3

Very quiet on here about yesterday's game. Anyone who went like to comment ?

27/8/2017 1:12 PM  #4

Sunstroke

27/8/2017 4:17 PM  #5

I know we are "learning our way" in this new league but yet another game where in my opinion we threw away two points.
For eighty minutes we worked hard to get in front and then hold onto our two goal lead but alas two bad errors led to us surrending our lead. In fact but for our goalie we could easily have lost the game. Jered Thompson pulled off two brilliant saves in the last few minutes to deny the Seagulls a win which based on eighty minutes of our play would have been very hard to take.
It was interesting to read in the Non League newspaper that the "local" sports reporter named Dave Pratt as his man of the match. I think that just about sums it up for me. We have to rediscover that never say die attitude we had last year or we will drop more points when looking like winning games.
Roll on Monday when we can at least look to impress with a home win!

27/8/2017 4:42 PM  #6

"Never say die attitude " did you watch the Poole game for one,I thought the work rate was fantastic yesterday. Wsm played well and lots of possession. Big mistake by Dan proved fatal. Thompson excellent as was Jones. This league is miles apart from Southern Premier.

Board footera