BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/8/2017 10:51 PM  #1

Chippenham v Poole

Hard one to take in, I thought the lads battled extremely well throughout the game but it has to be said, Beeden being sent off in the first half ruined the game plan, might of been harsh but he gave the referee a reason to pull the card out, in a position where it wasn't needed. Did not understand the team selection tonight. Why was Nuno on the bench tonight and Dan? I thought they maybe picked up a knock on Saturday but they looked pretty fit when they came on. Also, the referee sent off the wrong player in the second half, as it was Gutherie who fouled the Poole player who was through on goal, can anything be done in this instance? Thought the officials were poor tonight, but credit to the lads who kept their shape and battled to the final whistle. We must go again Saturday and show the same attitude and application as tonight, come on boys!

15/8/2017 11:36 PM  #2

Re: Chippenham v Poole

I travelled to Braintree Saturday and both Dan and Nuno had very poor games, agree Beedon left the ref no option. Thought Horgan was excellent.

15/8/2017 11:49 PM  #3

Reginald74 wrote:

I travelled to Braintree Saturday and both Dan and Nuno had very poor games, agree Beedon left the ref no option. Thought Horgan was excellent.

I couldn't go due to work commitments, but heard most of the team were poor, you are going to have off games during the season, but to drop both full backs maybe wasn't the smartest of ideas, specially Nuno who only last week was put in the team of the week. I agree with Horgan, he was superb tonight. Anyone know the latest with Will?

Last edited by Believer (15/8/2017 11:50 PM)

16/8/2017 12:09 AM  #4

What's your team for Saturday then Believer?

16/8/2017 12:13 AM  #5

So some unknown reporter puts Nuno in the team of the week, well we have to pick him then.Come on let's trust those who know, the supporters who watch all the games.

16/8/2017 12:52 AM  #6

blueboo wrote:

So some unknown reporter puts Nuno in the team of the week, well we have to pick him then.Come on let's trust those who know, the supporters who watch all the games.

Brilliant, because that was the point I made 👍🏽. I am just saying (my opinion) that I think it was not the right move dropping both full backs.

Reginald- I would keep the team that started against Bath last Tuesday, but understand there are injuries and suspensions coming up.

Anyway, I am sure whatever team it is for Saturday the management will have the lads fired up for it.

16/8/2017 7:32 AM  #7

In my opinion it was a battling performance last night, but it also demonstrated that currently we do not have the quality in the depth of the squad. How Ryce Baggridge continues to be left out of the squad is odd when the team that played last night yearned for his physical presence, and calming influence at the back. It also demonstrated last night that we do not have an adequate replacement for Sands if he gets injured. East Thurrock had representation at the match last night, and their guy must have gone away either totally confused as to our game plan and team selection, or rubbing his hands at the prospect of playing against our current line up. Hopefully some of the injuries will have cleared up by the week-end, and boy do we need those boys back !!

16/8/2017 8:29 AM  #8

Tough one to swallow, however a very resolute performance considering the circumstances of the sending offs! Normally not one to comment to much on the officials but a below par performance from them last night in my eyes, decisions were not consistent at all.

Mike Jones looked very comfortable at the back and as ever Tindle had a stellar game! I liked the fact the full backs were replaced after the weekends performance, keeps them both on their toes to fight for position and I thought Horgy played outstanding. Considering we had 9 men, I thought Poole looked mediocre at best!

Pratty a well deserved MOM! On to the weekend...

#keepthefaith

16/8/2017 8:40 AM  #9

Agree Jack. Jones looks very good player. As for Toyboy and his normal nonsense, tell me club that has a adequate cover for the best player, do Real Madrid have cover for Ronaldo, do Barcelona have cover for Messi ? How the hell can Baggy play in front of Smith, Evans Ferguson or Guthrie in our midfield?

16/8/2017 9:12 AM  #10

Reginald74 wrote:

Agree Jack. Jones looks very good player. As for Toyboy and his normal nonsense, tell me club that has a adequate cover for the best player, do Real Madrid have cover for Ronaldo, do Barcelona have cover for Messi ? How the hell can Baggy play in front of Smith, Evans Ferguson or Guthrie in our midfield?

Love the comparisons between Chippenham and Real Madrid/Barcelona or better yet Sandell with Messi/Ronaldo. We all know where Baggy plays and I agree with Toyboy, he is a good utility player that has done well for us when called upon either at centre back or defensive midfield. Surely a player like him is worth having on the bench and bring on when the game is that tight. But like I said previously the game plan was ruined in the first half unnecessarily.

Last edited by Believer (16/8/2017 9:14 AM)

Board footera