BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

15/8/2017 11:49 AM  #1

New Signing ?

A work colleague has just advised me that we have signed Mike Jones from Hungerford Town. No idea what position this guy plays, or whether he is eligible to play for us this evening. Has anybody else heard any more details ?

15/8/2017 12:00 PM  #2

Re: New Signing ?

Heard on radio this am that possible 5 players out tonight, front two and both central defenders and Evans in midfield, Josh has been called back from loan. Should be interesting selection tonight. COYB.  We should have enough back up with players getting their chance to shine.

15/8/2017 12:21 PM  #3

Straight into tonight's team, Can play Centre half and Midfield. Western Daily Press is saying Sands, Pratt and Richards are all doubts! Also saw yesterday Pooles player of the season has a knee injury and is out for the season.

Last edited by Anonymous (15/8/2017 12:22 PM)

15/8/2017 12:37 PM  #4

New to the CTFC Forum! Jumped on the bandwagon following my visit to Twerton Park where I watched our dominant display, lots of mentions in the crowd around things being posted on here, so here I am!

Good start to the season thus far, however will be a real test this eve considering the injuries but will be an opportunity for other players to shine! I see Mark C is working proactively behind the scenes to bring players in still, will be interesting to see if Mike Jones has a run out this eve. One player I am looking forward to see is Alan O'Brien, remember him from his STFC days, hopefully he still has the blistering pace! 

Hoping for a big crowd. See you all there.

15/8/2017 2:47 PM  #5

It's a bit odd that Ryce Baggridge has not made the squad for the first 3 games. Assuming Ryce is still with us, and I've heard nothing to the contrary, it seems somewhat strange that we sign a utility player in his position when he was arguably our best player for the second half of last season. Does anyone have any thoughts on this situation ?

15/8/2017 3:00 PM  #6

Good news MC being proactive, thought Baggridge looked a little over weight against Swindon Town. Still no Allen or Cooper either. With 5 out they could all be playing.

15/8/2017 3:01 PM  #7

I heard he'd gone, though I've seen nothing official?

15/8/2017 3:02 PM  #8

Both Allen & Cooper played for Melksham last night - both did ok, though I only saw the second half.

15/8/2017 4:27 PM  #9

I heard Mike was a footballing centre back. But if you have a good touch you can easily play at full back or midfield. And apparently he has.  After Saturdays dissapointmeant where for the first time this season I felt we had stepped up in class. Although the players gave there all loosing Sands and Pratt early the mountain was to tall to climb. I thought Braintree were a very good side with loads of very quick young players.  They'll be up there come the end of the season.   Tonight will be tough. I thought Prattie may shake off his dead leg by tonight. I really hope so.  I'm sure if there's any chance, he will be out there. Sands will miss a few. And Richards ankle looked very swollen after Saturdays game. So not sure hopefully it can be strapped although he has had very little time to heal.  As has been said  Poole have lost one of there top players and others will be carrying knocks as we are.  Shame about Baggo a top player for us in the last five games especially when he moved into midfield. But that's football espesially when you move up a level.   Poole have made a similar start to us and they play with pace on the counter attack.  If we had a full squad I would be a 100% confident. But some of our best results have come with top players missing. Just had a look on the Poole fans forum and the majority of them predict a Chippenham win or a draw. Very negative bunch.   Good luck tonight to Mark.Tom, Horgs, Jas and the lads lets get the result we all want.  😎

Last edited by Jono (15/8/2017 4:31 PM)

15/8/2017 9:26 PM  #10

And gets sent off in first game... after Beeden already gone at HT

Bowman and Felix on the bench and now on to park the bus

But... held on to ET and then succumbed

Last edited by newfan (15/8/2017 10:27 PM)

Board footera