BLUEBIRDS FANS FORUM

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

05/8/2017 9:24 AM  #1

Chippenham Town v Havant & Waterlooville.

The big day is finally with us it seems to have been a long time coming. A lot of comings and goings at the club. Some very good signings, now it's time to see how good we are.  I am looking forward to seeing the team we put out, but I have real confidence in Mark, Tom, Horgs and Jason to get it right. I would think it won't be far away from Inside Lefts starting 11.  The crowd will also be interesting and hopefully a few new faces will be in.  Once Jared arrived on loan from Chelsea it was only a matter of time before Darren left the club.  It's a shame but it's a tough business football. Havant have spent some money pre season with there main signing Matt Tubbs always going to score goals but hopefully Tinds and Richards can take care of him today.  Games will come thick and fast now with the big Bath City Derby on Tuesday night, and away to Braitree next Saturday.  It would be great to get off to a good start. 
Good luck today to Mark, Tom, Horgs and Jason and the ladds I'm sure we'll be right up for it.  😎

05/8/2017 10:23 AM  #2

Re: Chippenham Town v Havant & Waterlooville.

Morning 😎 Conference South, who would have believed that after watching Stourbridge thrash us not so long ago.Team selection will  be interesting but in Collier we trust. Shame about Darren, but no sentiment I suppose at this level.

05/8/2017 10:57 AM  #3

Good luck to the Bluebirds, do us proud. " We're Chippenham old boys and we sing when we want." Give us something to sing about.

05/8/2017 6:54 PM  #4

I thought we were excellent, especially first half.  Really enjoyed the battle against a strong physical side who we matched.  Decent crowd too.  Not sure about the pitch though - unless we kept the grass long on purpose?
Like the new kit.

05/8/2017 7:04 PM  #5

Grass was too long for my liking but going by the game plan I think it was long for that very reason. 

Good point to start off with, better than a loss anyway. I thought we should have tested their keeper a bit more, their strikers had nothing. 

Good team performance. 

05/8/2017 11:09 PM  #6

Grass long,kit lovely, team excellent, certainly a step up in level, we were very well organised and looked strong. Evans very good looks the part. Keeper and back four strong and untroubled Centre of pitch all 4 very committed and front two as always a threat. Credit to Havant, strong and experienced with game plan. No thoughts 😎?

06/8/2017 8:42 AM  #7

I enjoyed the game Regi. A little disappointed we didn't take all the three points which over the 90 minutes we definetly deserved.  I was a little surprised with the way Havant were set up. They were very deffensive and were very happy on 90 minutes to take a point away from Hardenhuish Park.  But are two strikers now have a big reputation and I think a lot of teams will come to us and double up on Sands and Prattie. And play with a back five. The shape of our side looked really solid, players were backing each other up really well all over the pitch and the movement off the ball looked really good. Chances for both sides were few and far between, but ther keeper was the busier. Although on a lot of occasions it was our final ball that let us down.  But that will come. Overall very pleased with the performance. But I did think we would win it 1-0. Agree about Evans he certainly leaves nothing on the pitch.  A decent crowd which is pleasing and hopefully the new faces liked what they saw and will be back for the next home game.   On to Bath City now. That should be a cracker with a bit of atmosphere.  Well done Mark, Tom, Horgs and Jas. 😎

06/8/2017 10:04 AM  #8

Although not in squad, good to see lad's watching from stand.Any ideas where Chitty is going and no talk or sight of Pook. Off to Trumpton we go Tuesday.

06/8/2017 1:03 PM  #9

Having not seen him pre-season I would have liked to have seen Morgan-Williams get a run out, looked good in the warm up and and half-time. Looks like he could offer something going forward.

06/8/2017 2:04 PM  #10

Blackpool Bluebird. That is the worst comment Ive read on this forum. Looked good on the warm up and half time. So he can kick a ball and do a few tricks and do kick ups. He'll get his chance. Not sure anyone deserved to be taken off yesterday. Wasnt worth risking all for nothing 1st game of the season.

Board footera